Support > cpg1.6 plugin contributions

HTML5 Slideshow plugin

<< < (2/5) > >>

sharpo:
A problem I've just noticed. Viewing my 1.6 test site on a tablet and using the plugin, if there is a title or description - it cuts off the top of the image. I only noticed it because my copyright was disappearing on some images and not others, as the image was not moving down the page to accommodate any lines of text, the title or description.

http://www.sharpo.co.uk/cpg16test/index.php

Sharpo.

ron4mac:

--- Quote from: sharpo on August 22, 2018, 02:18:46 am ---Viewing my 1.6 test site on a tablet and using the plugin, if there is a title or description - it cuts off the top of the image.

--- End quote ---

The text area (title/description) should be a partially transparent background with the new version. You may need to reset the text area background color for the opacity to get set. I could probably make it an option to overlay the text at the top of the image (or not). The reason for the change is because I don't like the inconsistent position of the image depending on whether there is and how much text.

You seem to like small sized images in your gallery.

sharpo:
Ron, I know what you mean about the image jumping up and down according to lines of text, I don't like that either.

I have now set it to show the fullsize image without text, which makes it much better if using a tablet or pc - but a bit of overkill if using a mobile, as image has to be shrunk so much and of course much higher data usage.

I don't know if it's the same on all mobiles, but I can get an image to fill the screen more on a mobile with lightbox than with this plug in, as the browser bar etc. will not hide, which can be done with lightbox if you "stretch" the image.

I have to admit to being rather confused as to which option to choose, - such as show text or not, intermediate or fullsize - but I think the swipe left/right/up/down function is great for mobiles.

A confused Sharpo!

sharpo:
Looking at the options, I tried displaying in new pop-up window - and it looked very good. Then when I tried a different album I could not get it to go full screen, it did not appear to be in a pop-up window and had the url box etc showing above it. I'm using chrome at the moment on my mobile, as Firefox has really gone mad since I added a film strip.

After much messing, I did get it to go in a pop-up window again, but only by resetting the pop-up option to "off", the giving it a "tick" and trying it again. Leaving the settings as they are, the pop-up refuses to work.

Tried it with chrome on tablet. Above the image there are 6 little icons plus the one for pop-up window, but on the mobile there are only 4 icons and nothing for pop-up. I have also tried the mobile with the normal setting as well as the mobile setting. The thumbnail columns change between 2 and 4 as appropriate, but pop-up refuses to work.

Think I need a good night's sleep Ron!!

Sharpo.

sharpo:
Sorry, just noticed, as long as tablet is sideways the pop-up option is there, turn it vertical and it's gone.

I really am finished for the night now!!!

Sharpo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version