Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small database ( make you database smaller)  (Read 2488 times)

allvip

• Coppermine addict
Small database ( make you database smaller)
« on: December 09, 2014, 12:41:15 pm »

My databes was 145 MB now is 17 MB.

Server resources: CPU time and MySql time. They are very,very important on every server not just on shared server (host). The host can say that you gallery is too big and buy a bigger plan.
On my shared host CPU time is limited to 100 minutes and MySql time is limited to 20 minutes.

I belive a smaller database uses less server resources.

To make the database much smaller go to Config - Logging and statistics and disable Keep detailed vote statistics and Keep detailed hit statistics ( Each vote or hit separately for every user: IP Address, Referer, Browser, Operating System, User ID (if logged in)

The detailed statistics can be viewed Information link in the menu - Overall Stats. The Overall Stats link shows in the Information only if they are enabled.

Even in coppermine config it says (I never took the time to read  the help, the ? for each config settings):

Warning: keeping detailed statistics means additional database queries and subsequently a heavy load on the page. You have to understand that the size of the corresponding database tables can increase if you enable this feature, which can have a serious performance impact.

Read in Config the help (?) for them to see if they are important to you.

If you already have them disabled, enable them and go to Information - Overall Stats - scroll down to Empty all hit stats -click Submit.
Just to make sure you don't have anything there.
Go back to Config - Logging and statistics and disable Keep detailed vote statistics and Keep detailed hit statistics.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:42:41 am by allvip »

allvip

• Coppermine addict
Re: Small database ( make you database smaller)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 12:46:45 pm »

Optimazing the tables with phpMyAdmin is important.
There is an optimize button for every table.
phpMyAdmin should be in your host Cpanel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.