Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]:Just install Coppermine-can I use pre-existing directories w/ pictures?  (Read 4129 times)

Keith

• Coppermine newbie

Hey guys,

I just installed Coppermine in hopes to replace an existing picture software I am currently using.  I already have hundreds of pictures in various directories uploaded to my server already.  How do I get Coppermine to acknowledge and display these pictures/directories without uploading each one again.

Keith
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 11:03:15 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

• option 1 (recommended): move all folders that contain pics to coppermine's albums folder (pre-requisite: you're not going to use the other app any more and you have shell access to your webserver that let's you move instead of download/upload)
  • option 2 (not recommended): change the location of the albums folder in coppermine config, using a relative path to point to the place where your pics actually are stored at (like this: ../../my_existing_folder). Keep in mind that this path can't be changed once there are pics in your coppermine database
  • option 3 (skills/permissions required): put symbolic links into your coppermine albums folder that point to the places your pics are currently stored. Pre-requisite: advanced permissions/shell access needed. Disadvantage: may lead to chaotic structure on server that is hard to keep track of.
Although all three options are possible, I'd go for the straight version: download all pics folders to your client and upload them to the coppermine albums folder (you can create a folder structure within the albums folder; you are even recommended to do so) and use batch-add to add the pics to your database.

GauGau

Keith

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks Gau...  I was going to use the Batch Add app but all I get is this..

Select directory 

This function allows you to add a batch of file that your have uploaded to your server by FTP.

Select the directory where you have uploaded your files 

With no option to select anything... ???

Keith

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

If you have uploaded into the albums folder, they should show, UNLESS you made the mistake of putting them in the 'userpics' folder.

If you have, and they are not yet on the database, move them back into the albums folder.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Keith

• Coppermine newbie

If you have uploaded into the albums folder, they should show, UNLESS you made the mistake of putting them in the 'userpics' folder.

If you have, and they are not yet on the database, move them back into the albums folder.

Thanks guys... I figured it out and I'm flying now. :)

I still have to play around it some more before releasing it to my car club but it looks promising!

Cheers,

Keith
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 15 queries.