Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open Gallery for everyone  (Read 3401 times)

clairobscur

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
Open Gallery for everyone
« on: June 18, 2004, 01:28:22 pm »

Maybe you would simply say RTFM, but I did and I am rather confused now about all the different options.
So, I hope someone could tell me in a few words how I can configure the Gallery in that way, that all albums are open and visible for everyone and that a user is not able to delete a category, but not more than only his own album.

Please, I hope someone could give me advice in a few words. I am not too lazy, just rather confused about all options!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Open Gallery for everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 01:52:17 pm »

• A user can never delete a category (this is not even an admin settable option), only the admin can create or delete categories.
  • A user can only create albums inside his private gallery. He can not create albums inside public galleries (only the admin can do that).
  • By default, all albums are visible for everyone. Ifd you don't configure anything at all, everyone (registered users, unlogged guest and the admin) can view every pic.
I don't understand ypur questions at all...

GauGau

clairobscur

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 02:10:24 pm »

Thank you nevertheless Gau Gau for your time and attention.  :)

jared

• Coppermine newbie
    • Croppin' Paradise
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 09:13:22 am »

I think that what clairobscur was getting at is the same question that I have.  I'll try to explain it from a different angle.

When a user posts to their own album inside the User Gallery, they can edit their own posts. 

Besides the User Gallery, I have several other categories, and albums inside of those categories. 

I've configured it to allow users to post to these albums.  What I'd like is for the users to be able to edit their own posts inside of these albums.  I see no way to do this from the admin-configurable options.

Does that make sense?

-jared

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 09:36:43 am »

does make sense, and has been requested before. This is currently not possible, maybe in a future version it will be.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 16 queries.