Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cumin theme problems  (Read 4049 times)

jake

• Coppermine novice
cumin theme problems
« on: July 26, 2011, 11:33:31 pm »

I’m not sure if this is the correct venue for this problem, but here goes.  I’ve been trying to incorporate a mobile devise friendly theme into my CPG, and stumbled across the cumin theme. 
See: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,56440.0.html
And: http://code.google.com/p/cumin/
Unfortunately I have been unable to get the theme to function properly, as the first photo on every gallery comes back as an error.  See link: http://woodardphotos.net/coppermine/?theme=m
I am running CPG 1.5.12
I'm not sure what would cause this problem, or how to correct it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time,
-   Jake

jhfotoman

• Coppermine newbie
Re: cumin theme problems
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 12:46:57 am »

Hi,

I am the original author of this theme. I haven't touched it for a long, long time due to lack of interest — mine and anyone else's :-) also due to some of the cpg project owners not being really keen on the approach I was taking on it regarding its interaction with the main cpg code.

I've since moved on to a hosted solution, so I don't really have any further plans to work with it on my own site....in other words: it's effectively a dead project. However, I'd be happy to add you as a committer for the project on Google Code if you want to tinker with it on your own and commit your changes...contact me via private message if that interests you (or anyone else for that matter).

jake

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 04:14:28 am »

Thanks for the quick reply!  I really like the simplicity of your cumin layout, minimalistic but effective.  Unfortunately I don’t know much about php, so making it work is a bit beyond me.  If you don’t mind me asking, what cpg theme do you currently use of your mobile devise visitors?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 09:08:06 am »

The first public release of cpg1.5.x was in November 2009, the initial release of the theme was in November 2008. So I guess it was designed for cpg1.4.x?

I also like the idea of having a minimalistic theme for mobile devices, that's why I already created a plugin which switches the theme automatically for such devices.

jake

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 05:12:54 pm »

I would agree that the cumin theme must have been written for cpg 1.4x .  When I hover my cursor over the thumbnail image, the url directs to …/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=80&pos=0
(bold added by me)
The first photo of every gallery (pos=0) comes back as an error, although every other photo in the gallery opens just fine (pos=1, pos=2, etc).
Αndré, what is the name of your plugin (I didn’t see it on the plugin page)?  Also, what theme do you use for mobile devises?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 06:04:55 pm »

Αndré, what is the name of your plugin (I didn’t see it on the plugin page)?
It's called "theme_switch". It's currently just available in the svn repository, as I want to implement some more functionality: http://coppermine.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coppermine/branches/cpg1.5.x/plugins/theme_switch/

what theme do you use for mobile devises?
Currently I have no mobile theme nor the plugin installed on my gallery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.