Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to add previous & next buttons on intermediate images..  (Read 4916 times)

mr.bena

• Coppermine frequent poster
How to add previous & next buttons on intermediate images..
« on: March 21, 2011, 08:18:12 pm »

Hi, could you please let me know how would I add previous and next navigation buttons on the intermediate image displays as in facebook, so that I will be able to see the previous or the next intermediate pictures without having to load the whole page every time..

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: How to add previous & next buttons on intermediate images..
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 09:36:42 pm »

Please have a look at the plugin contributons board.

how would I add previous and next navigation buttons on the intermediate image displays
You could use the 'picture navigation' plugin.

without having to load the whole page every time
That's something different. If you want to just load the next picture you could try the 'EnlargeIt!' plugin or the 'LightBox' plugin.

You could also try the 'preload' plugin that loads the previous/next images to your cache while you view an image.

mr.bena

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 07:59:17 pm »

Hi, thank you for the suggestions. However..

1) "Picture Navigation" plug-in simply puts the previous and next button on the intermediate page, it still load the whole page every time I click next and not just the next intermediate picture as in facebook. In this case, using filmstrip is still enough.
2) "EnlargeIt" plug-in hide all the comments, and the picture caption is not display in full if it is long.
3) "LightBox" plug-in seems just for slide showing the next pictures.
4) Using "Pre-load" plug-in may not be a good idea as I have a bandwidth limit.

* After installing the "Picture Navigation" I thought this is the one! But unfortunately, it still works like refreshing the whole page for the next image. I want only the next intermediate image and comments to load and display as in facebook..

Thanks anyway for the advices. 

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 08:09:58 pm »

Unfortunately there's no AJAX replacement/enhancement for the standard front-end yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.