Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Can I Display Album Thumbnails on Main Page?  (Read 3036 times)

Idelle

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Can I Display Album Thumbnails on Main Page?
« on: June 09, 2004, 12:01:18 am »

I have read the documentation regarding the various "codes" for "breadcrumb, catlist, alblist, random, lastup, topn, toprated, lastcom, lasthits & anycontent" for the main page content, but I don't see anything on how to display an album's thumbnails on the homepage. We really only have one gallery, and it would be nice to display the thumbnails in that gallery on the homepage -- with their titles.

Previously I used the last uploaded (lastup code) - but it displays the username under the thumbs without explaination, so it appears to viewers that the username is the title of the image. I would rather just display the titles, but none of the codes seem to produce this affect (random just shows thumbnails without anything below them)

Is there a way I can specify the "The content of the main page" field with an album to display with titles? Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 07:36:23 am by GauGau »

clairobscur

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
Re: Can I Display Album Thumbnails on Main Page?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 01:20:50 pm »

I have read the documentation regarding the various "codes" for "breadcrumb, catlist, alblist, random, lastup, topn, toprated, lastcom, lasthits & anycontent" for the main page content, but I don't see anything on how to display an album's thumbnails on the homepage. We really only have one gallery, and it would be nice to display the thumbnails in that gallery on the homepage -- with their titles.

Previously I used the last uploaded (lastup code) - but it displays the username under the thumbs without explaination, so it appears to viewers that the username is the title of the image. I would rather just display the titles, but none of the codes seem to produce this affect (random just shows thumbnails without anything below them)

Is there a way I can specify the "The content of the main page" field with an album to display with titles? Thanks for any help!

As there came no reply to this question, I would like to repeat it here again because I have just the same problem and looking for a solution in cpg 1.3.
I read somewhere on this forum that Gau Gau mentioned to set the category to "0". But where should this be done?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 06:43:27 pm »

In cpg1.3.x you can set up in config if you want the name of the uploader be displayed or not, so I suggest ugrading to cpg1.3.1
The main page always shows categories (and the nested albums if you have set up coppermine to do so). Why don't you put all your albums into the root category to display them on the main page. For details, post a link to your site. I also recommend taking another look into the documentation that comes with coppermine.

GauGau

clairobscur

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 03:21:09 am »

Thanks for your suggestion to upgrade to cpg 1.3.1 and it worked perfect, smooth and like a treat!
My compliments for this really great job and for your most appreciated support.

GauGau, I appreciate your help and support very much.
In French I would say: CHAPEAU !   (Hat off!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 14 queries.