Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Can't upload anything  (Read 3465 times)

holobyted

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Can't upload anything
« on: June 01, 2004, 08:58:59 pm »

Hey all. I've tried uploading hundreds of JPG files but I always come up with a GD problem. I've browsed around my hosting company's phpinfo.php and it says it has "1.6.2 or higher"... whatever that means. I've tried using both GD1.x and GD2.x settings but none of them work, I always get that dreadly "not a JPEG file" error in CPG. Using Linux w/ Apache and PHP4.0.6

[-- phpinfo.php --]

gd
GD Support enabled
GD Version 1.6.2 or higher
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled

If anyone has any ideas or needs more information, which is probably the case, let me know.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 06:46:56 am by GauGau »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Can't upload anything
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 12:20:39 am »

Are you self hosted?
Your info is saying you have GD1, so this is what you should have in config.
GD has been reported to have problems with jpeg files that are in cmyk, rather than the usual rgb.  Also, are you sure the pics are within the limits, not just set by you in config, but by your server.
Try uploading a known good, small, jpg.
A link would help, with a test user login, with upload permission.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

holobyted

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Can't upload anything
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 05:52:49 am »

I fixed it. I had to whine to my ISP to move my server to a newer one w/ ImageMagick installed, but it worked. :p Thanks anyway
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.