Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old multi user Coppermine installation  (Read 3736 times)

hanjos

• Coppermine newbie
Old multi user Coppermine installation
« on: February 15, 2010, 02:35:20 pm »

Dear all,

I have Coppermine running for years now - stand alone, next to my forum.

Would it make sense to bridge it to my (upgraded from 2) phpBB3 script at this point?

I am expecting many problems syncing the 2 userdatabases, for example, people have more than one Coppermine account, and the usernames differ a bit (case sensitivity).

I would be happy if this could be achieved: combined login for forum and gallery (when username is matching), and if the username doesn't match, an alternative login to coppermine appears (the old one).

Also I want the forum userdatabase to be leading.

Again, I am not expecting this to happen, but if you say this is possible, I will give it a try.

Thanks for your input!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Old multi user Coppermine installation
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 03:15:03 pm »

While it is possible it will be very hard work if you have more than a few users. There is a script out there on the www somewhere that will even import all coppermine users into phpbb2 (not sure if there is a version for phpbb3) but users will loose control of their own images. If you have only a few users then you could then go in and edit the user id's in phpmyadmin but if you have more than a few it will be a lot of work.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

hanjos

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Old multi user Coppermine installation
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 09:41:48 pm »

Thank you Phill,

I will forget about it then, indeed I have hundreds of users...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.