Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove votes one-by-one from table "cpg_votes"  (Read 2632 times)

cmead

• Coppermine newbie
Remove votes one-by-one from table "cpg_votes"
« on: December 18, 2009, 10:56:48 pm »

I accidentally left ANONYMOUS voting on.  This allowed submitters to vote for themselves more than once, easily.  I checked the IP votes through the "cpg_votes_stats" table and was able to discover the unique IP addresses that had voted were lower than the total presented on the site (http://www.chrismead.com/holidaygallery/index.php).

Total votes for the example image = 2093.  Unique IP votes = 107.  So, I am going to make their vote total = 107.

Again, I want to REDUCE the amount of votes for an individual picture. I can't take it to ZERO and start over.

So, I thought I could just DELETE individual records tied to the picture number 34 in the "cpg_votes" table until I go to the correct number (in my case, the correct number is the number of unique IP addresses that had voted for the picture).

I was able to delete a number of records to test if this would work and it did NOT.  I cannot understand why.  I've tried running update.php and all other manner of refreshes...nothing seems to work.

Help!  I'm not a coder but play one on TV.

Nibbler

Re: Remove votes one-by-one from table "cpg_votes"
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 11:34:05 pm »

The number of votes and the current rating are stored in the pictures table.

cmead

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Remove votes one-by-one from table "cpg_votes"
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 11:39:10 pm »

I did find that, actually...and of course right after I posted!  Thanks so much.  How is the total built then if not from those other tables I referenced. Or is the total updated incrementally by the logged individual records?  IN other words, the total only increases as new votes come in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.