Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: installing  (Read 4795 times)

sweetheart12

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: installing
« on: August 15, 2009, 01:26:39 pm »

i was installing and it came up with this.
------------------------------------
The installation can not be completed:

- You chose to install in the main directory of the domain chrisbrownhq.celebfans.net, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we can not proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain chrisbrownhq.celebfans.net (path="/home/chrisbro/public_html/").You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:
index.php
---------------------------
could someone tell me what i should do

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 03:25:26 am by Nibbler »

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: installing
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 01:44:51 pm »

If you don't want to delete those files in your web root then simply create a new directory/folder and install your Coppermine there.

heavensportal

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 01:45:12 pm »

by the looks of it you are trying to upload all the files into that directory---loose

did you make a folder for your cpg files called it cpg or cpg14x or gallery something so your gallery files have a home then try the installation again

sweetheart12

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 02:47:07 pm »

by the looks of it you are trying to upload all the files into that directory---loose

did you make a folder for your cpg files called it cpg or cpg14x or gallery something so your gallery files have a home then try the installation again

thank you it's working now

heavensportal

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • The Fantasy Attic
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 03:23:55 am »

your welcome I made the same mistake in the beginning

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Solved]: installing
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 08:20:28 am »

The installation can not be completed:

- You chose to install in the main directory of the domain chrisbrownhq.celebfans.net, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we can not proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain chrisbrownhq.celebfans.net (path="/home/chrisbro/public_html/").You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:
index.php
That error message does not come from coppermine, but from some crappy auto-installer. Auto-installers suck, and they don't get supported here at all, nor do coppermine installs created by such crap apps get supported here. You shouldn't have used that auto-install crap in the first place, nor are you allowed to post questions related to your usage of auto-installers here. The only genuine install method is the one we describe in the docs. To convert your auto-installer bull*** into a genuine coppermine gallery, do exactly as suggested in our documentation, section "upgrading".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.