Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profile Problem - Not working  (Read 2203 times)

peakoverload

• Coppermine regular visitor
Profile Problem - Not working
« on: June 06, 2004, 11:04:21 pm »

I've just upgraded from the PHPNuke version of CPG to the standalone.

I've modded the standalone version to use MD5 encryption as this is what the PHPNuke version uses and I wanted to move all of my members across so they wouldnt have to re-register.

I've managed to get the vast majority of it working but I have just noticed that if i'm logged in using one of my old PHPNuke accounts and click on My Profile I get a There was an error while processing a database query error message. But if I create a new account and login using that then the My Profile works perfectly.

Looking at the user database I can see that the only difference between an old PHPNuke account and a newly created account is that the new account has an entry in the Actkey table (encrypted in MD5).

I can't work out anyway of being able to enter anything valid into this table for old PHPNuke accounts (unless you guys do) so I think the only thing open to me is to disable the My Profile link from appearing.

How do I do this and I am right in thinking that although this would stop my members from changing their passwords I could still do through my admin profile?

Cheers

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Profile Problem - Not working
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 11:10:19 pm »

to disable the profile link, edit themes/yourtheme/theme.php, find
Code: [Select]
<!-- BEGIN my_profile -->
                        <a href="{MY_PROF_TGT}">{MY_PROF_LNK}</a> ::
<!-- END my_profile -->
and replace it with
Code: [Select]
<!-- BEGIN my_profile -->
                        <!--<a href="{MY_PROF_TGT}">{MY_PROF_LNK}</a> ::-->
<!-- END my_profile -->

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.