Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assign a user to a particular catagory or album??  (Read 3167 times)

vangogh

• Coppermine newbie
Assign a user to a particular catagory or album??
« on: May 08, 2004, 04:57:54 pm »

I am new to Coppermine and can't seem to figure this one out.  I have created a site for my family and I want each of them to be able to post pictures.  But I want to keep it organized and ahve them each to post in thier own catagories.

Is this possible?  How can I assign a user to a particular catagory?  It seems that all the users uploaded pictures go directly into "User Galleries".

Cheers!

vg  ???

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Assign a user to a particular catagory or album??
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 05:50:52 pm »

You can let users upload to any album, in any category.  You must create these albums, then change the properties for them, so 'visitors can upload'.  Then, make sure that your members are all in a group that has permission to upload.

They will then be able to upload to these albums, but they will also all be able to upload to all these albums.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

vangogh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 05:59:22 pm »

Ok, that makes sense.  But waht about when the user CREATES an album.  They can't specify which catagory to put it in, can they??

THANKS.

vg

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 06:48:58 pm »

No, users can only create albums within the 'user galleries' category.  It is possible to move albums they create to other cats, but only by making changes in the database, not by using coppermine itself.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

vangogh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 06:55:10 pm »

bummin!  Ok, thanks for your help!

compltlyme

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 02:18:30 am »

You can let users upload to any album, in any category.  You must create these albums, then change the properties for them, so 'visitors can upload'.  Then, make sure that your members are all in a group that has permission to upload.

They will then be able to upload to these albums, but they will also all be able to upload to all these albums.

But HOW do you change the properties????

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 11:10:11 am »

But HOW do you change the properties????

login/admin mode/'properties' button (next to album thumbnail)/
this is where you set if 'visitors' can upload/comment/vote/ or see (only if private albums allowed in config).

To set which groups can do it, login/admin mode/groups/.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 14 queries.