Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: basic questions: can't upload...  (Read 4702 times)

Deirdre

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: basic questions: can't upload...
« on: May 03, 2004, 09:02:48 pm »

Hello there,

I am sorry to ask such noob-questions. But I will try to give all information I can!

I uploaded the gallery and then created some "albums". I didn't find any settings in the album-category.
In the user-groups I switched the settings for registered users so that they should be able to upload.
But whenever I switch to simple usermode (not Admin), it says that there is no album where I am allowed to upload pictures.

Where can I put the settings?
If you could post me a link where it is described, it would be nice, because I couldn't find it in the FAQ.

And I wanted to ask how I can manage it, that users can only upload in ONE album I give them. I want to make albums for each user, so Tom shall only post pictures in Tom-album, Deirdre in Deirdre-album etc.
Can I put a picture-limit? or a webspace-limit?

What are these private albums? As admin, can I  force them to be visible?
At the moment I put my settings to "can create user-album". But when I click on the link "my gallery", then I see an empty galery and no button or anything to upload?

What have I done wrong?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 07:31:35 am by GauGau »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: basic questions: can't upload...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 10:00:46 pm »

Hi Deirdre,

first, pleaseonly 1 question per thread in future.

1.  Each album has a 'properties' button, next to the album thumbnail.  Click here, and change 'Visitors can upload' to yes. This allows all people in a group with upload permission to upload to it.

2.  Not at the moment.  If a user has upload rights, they can upload to all albums that allow uploads.
2a.  You can set a webspace limit in the 'groups' settings.

3.  Private albums (settable in config) allow albums within the gallery to be set so only set groups can view them.  Admin can see them all.  This is different to 'personnal albums' settable in 'groups'.  This means they can have their own album in the 'user galleries' section.

4.  the 'my gallery' link only shows you your own pics.  It is not where you upload them.  As admin, you can ftp them, and then use the batch add.  Or you can use the upload link in the menu.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Deirdre

• Coppermine newbie
Re: basic questions: can't upload...
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 10:15:22 pm »

Thank you very very much! I knew it would be something stupid I just didn't see. Buttons next to the thumbs... I was blind, thanks!

I will remember to post one question only! (And hope that I can find out most things by myself, so that I don't have to bother you ;) )

:D

BlueTech

• Coppermine newbie
    • Send Free SMS Worldwide
Re: [Solved]: basic questions: can't upload...
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 02:57:32 am »

I'm still looking for those buttons near the thumbs :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Solved]: basic questions: can't upload...
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 09:08:08 am »

you have to be in admin mode...

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.