Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting Images  (Read 2622 times)

crashnet

• Coppermine regular visitor
Sorting Images
« on: May 01, 2004, 09:52:42 pm »

Is there a way to sort images in folders so when they are uploaded, they go into a folder that corresponds to the album that it is in?  As it is now, when someone uploads an image it goes into the userpics folder.  Hope that makes sense.

bit bit spears

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • TangibleBrit.com
Re: Sorting Images
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 01:00:51 am »

i do not think this is possible with coppermine.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 11:22:21 am »

this discussion has been lead a thousand times: there's no point in pics being sorted into certain folders on the webserver - the database keeps track of the pic's url, the human doesn't have to.

GauGau

pkulak

• Coppermine newbie
    • PKulak.com
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 03:08:11 am »

What you are saying is to keep track of the same information in two different places. That is a huge design no-no. The entire point of a database is to remove redundancy. I could see writing a script that would copy pictures into corrosponding OS directories, but what would be the point? You mention backups? Just backup a database dump and the directory. I just don't see the problem.
"To do any good at all, just believing you are right and you motives are good isn't enough." - Ursula K. Le Guin

crashnet

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 03:52:02 am »

What you are saying is to keep track of the same information in two different places. That is a huge design no-no. The entire point of a database is to remove redundancy. I could see writing a script that would copy pictures into corrosponding OS directories, but what would be the point? You mention backups? Just backup a database dump and the directory. I just don't see the problem.

I apologize, and understand the redundancy issue, and come to think of it, thought of that after I made the post.  I was just a little upset over the way my question was responded to.  I have deleted the post as it is no longer necessary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.