Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine and SMF 2.0/RC1  (Read 6222 times)

PaulProe

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine and SMF 2.0/RC1
« on: February 27, 2009, 05:13:51 pm »

I have tried three times installing the bridge between Coppermine 1.4.20 and Simple Machines (SMF) 2.0/RC1  In all cases, the bridge works however it breaks the link to the avatars and uploads of the forum.  I end up with a bunch of error messages from the SMF display.php on lines 1248 and 1367, every time the program calls for an uploaded avatar. Claims it is a permissions error but permissions are set properly.

Has anyone else run into this or do you know the mods or code changes the bridge makes when installed.

If I reinstall the forum with the exact same database and reconnect the avatars, everything is fine.

I'd start playing with code but I don't know what files the bridge modifies. I suspect there is some change being made that the two programs then don't like each other.

thanks

Paul

Nibbler

Re: Coppermine and SMF 2.0/RC1
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 05:50:00 pm »

Please post the actual error messages.

The bridge doesn't modify anything in SMF.

PaulProe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 09:47:28 pm »

Attached is a screen shot of my error log. Every time someone accesses a thread that has an uploaded avatar, it generates two errors, line 1248 and 1367 in the display.php page. Says it is permissions.  Yet every permission is set to R/W (its on a windows server)

If I re-install the SMF software, the problem goes away, with making any permissions changes. As soon as I add the Coppermine bridge, all the custom avators go awol. They are still in the attachments folders but you can't view or use them.

Could Coppermine be referring the program to look to another area?

I've done this three times, the error is repeatable, I just can't find where it is occurring.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 09:59:03 am »

Any particular reason for ignoring all those sources that you're suppossed to have read before being allowed to start a thread?

Powerbob

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • It's nice to be nice!
    • Bob's Test site
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 04:32:27 pm »

I run 2 sites with SMF RC1 and Coppermine 1.4.21 and have no problems with the bridge whatsoever. I think it's more likely a problem with your local install, but as "The admin" said in the previous post without the proper details we can not offer our help!
It's nice to be nice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 16 queries.