Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Categories are centered in IE but not in Firefox  (Read 4120 times)

screamingbrainman

• Coppermine newbie
Categories are centered in IE but not in Firefox
« on: March 12, 2009, 04:28:44 am »

I'm helping a friend out with her website and I'm relatively new to coppermine so I need some help.  I made her a simple theme but for some reason the Categories are centered in Internet Explorer but are fine in Firefox.  Is there anyway to stop making internet explorer center the categories? 

Here's her website so you can see what I'm talking about. 
http://foreverrockindivas2.blackapplehost.com/gallery/

We'd both appreciate any help. 

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: Categories are centered in IE but not in Firefox
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 07:59:40 am »

You need to upgrade first. Badly. Running <!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.9 (stable)--> is not a good idea.
And some screenshots to visualize the problem would be nice as wel.

screamingbrainman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 09:02:27 am »

Ok upgraded her to 1.4.21 is that good enough?  I think I upgraded correctly.  But in the screen shots I've attached is what the problem is.  Internet Explorer centers the Catergory while firefox doesn't.  My friend doesn't want it to be centered at all.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 08:00:56 am »

The advert injected by your free webhost renders the HTML invalid and subsequently send IE into quirks mode. If you can, make your webhost stop injecting
Code: [Select]
<div align="center"><br />
  <a href="http://www.blackapplehost.com" target="_blank">Free Web Hosting</a> by BlackAppleHost.com</div>
after
</html>or make them inject it in the proper place (before the closing </body> tag would be the right place).
Your gallery looks fine using Firefox and all similar Gecko-driven browsers, so this probably is an issue for IE only, which is something I can't help you with, as I'm on Linux. The only recommendation I can give is: make your output validate to make your site look identical in most browsers. There seems to be an issue as well with the nesting of your table tags, which will lead to misalignment in most cases. Again: make your custom theme validate and this should go away.

screamingbrainman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 07:17:07 pm »

The advert injected by your free webhost renders the HTML invalid and subsequently send IE into quirks mode. If you can, make your webhost stop injecting
<div align="center"><br />
  <a href="http://www.blackapplehost.com" target="_blank">Free Web Hosting</a> by BlackAppleHost.com</div>
after
</html>or make them inject it in the proper place (before the closing </body> tag would be the right place).
Your gallery looks fine using Firefox and all similar Gecko-driven browsers, so this probably is an issue for IE only, which is something I can't help you with, as I'm on Linux. The only recommendation I can give is: make your output validate to make your site look identical in most browsers. There seems to be an issue as well with the nesting of your table tags, which will lead to misalignment in most cases. Again: make your custom theme validate and this should go away.

Tried the first thing you said.  It didn't work.    But with the validator,  how exactly do you do that?  Do you do it for each theme?  Or just for the main gallery page?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 02:22:58 pm »

Erm, what? The usage of the validator should be quite self-explanatory. You have one theme, validate that. Should be enough work for you.

screamingbrainman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 10:10:49 pm »

Nevermind I figured it out.  It was something really simple I overlooked.  A table was aligned to the center when it should have been aligned to the left. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 16 queries.