Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How i do?  (Read 4229 times)

ngul

• Coppermine newbie
How i do?
« on: March 07, 2009, 05:29:16 am »

Hi, i want bridging my Joomla -> Phpbb3 (bridge with Jfusion component) with Coppermine.
I've local installed and tested and work very very well but....i don't know how setting online:

Coppermine install: http://www.mysite.com/gallery/
Forum install: http://forum.mysite.com/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.21
Forum version: pphBB 3.0.2

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://forum.mysite.com/
Relative path to your BBS's config file: ???
Use post-based groups?:  ???
Cookie name/preifx: phpbb3_jio

I don't understand relative path for my online forum. I haven't see any topic with my configuration.

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How i do?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 11:54:10 am »

The stuff you posted above are just silly placeholders. You're suppossed to actually fill the URLs with actual, real values. If you do, we can tell you the paths, if the words "relative path" doesn't mean anything to you and you're reluctant to look that expression up. In your example, you use a sub-domain. This means that you have to provide the information as well about how the sub-domain is actually set up on your webspace. Usually, a sub-domain is just a child folder, so usually http://forum.mysite.com/ equals http://mysite.com/forum/
You might as well take a look at the preliminary documentation for cpg1.5.x where this is being explained in more detail. In the end, this is not related to coppermine though, so if the above explanations are not enough, you'll have to ask your webhost.

Joachim

P.S. Please use a better subject line next time you start a thread - the subject line you have chosen doesn't summarize your actual question. A good subject line would have been: "bridging with phpBB3 - what's my relative path?"

ngul

• Coppermine newbie
Re: How i do? aka: bridging with phpBB3 - what's my relative path?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 03:18:38 pm »

sorry Joachin about subject....
relative path of my forum is /web/htdocs/forum.mysite.com/home and NOT /web/htdocs/www.mysite.com/home/forum.
I've tried with a lot of options but don't work anymore....
Patience, i will try with another bringing..
Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How i do? aka: bridging with phpBB3 - what's my relative path?
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 07:49:25 am »

relative path of my forum is /web/htdocs/forum.mysite.com/home and NOT /web/htdocs/www.mysite.com/home/forum.
That would be absolute paths and not relative ones. However, I strongly suggest to check with your webhost if that is actually the case - I strongly doubt that your webspace is internally (on operating system and file system level) set up in the way you describe, as the maintainer of your webhost would have to keep track of two seemingly unrelated paths for one account.
Are you sure that the absolute path on file system level actually is /web/htdocs/forum.mysite.com/home ? Please ask your webhost. Additionally, stop  using placeholders in your postings: you can not be the owner of the domain mysite.com, so don't use that placeholder, but the real data.
If your webhost should give you two absolute paths (one for your webroot, one for your forum's sub-domain) and you can not determine the relative path, that would be fine as well: post those absolute paths (the real ones) and we'll certainly be able to tell you the real relative ones.

If
actually is the case then you have one of the rare setups where you can't bridge due to the way cookies work. In that case, complain at your webhost.

ngul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 08:45:05 am »

Yes Joachim i confirm, the absolute path is /web/htdocs/forum.mysite.com/home and work on a separated webspace (I've purchase third level with webspace).
Also information path is correct. Webhost send me email with this information.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 09:05:44 am »

Look: the domain mysite.com is owned by
United Online, Inc.
21301 Burbank Blvd
Woodland Hills, CA 91367

If you work for that company, then ask your colleagues how to fix your issues - I'm pretty sure that you have a ton of geeks in your basement who could answer all your questions. If you do not work for that company, then do as I suggested several times already and post the real stuff and not a dummy placeholder! If you don't, you'll have to solve this on your own - I'm not going to repeat this a fourth time! >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 16 queries.