Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: short text introduction on first page of album  (Read 3366 times)

krakelis

• Coppermine newbie
    • Coppermine driven picture archive
short text introduction on first page of album
« on: December 02, 2008, 10:57:51 am »

I'm looking around for a modification that makes it possible to put a short written introduction on only the first page of every album. It should be different on every album. This is how I did when I was working with static HTML photo pages and I would like to have it back if possible. The nicest would be if the official album description could be shown here. I really have no idea if such a thing is technical possible. Did search the boards but not find anything till now.

To give an idea of what I used to have:
http://basdekker.eu/fotografie/fotografie-galerie-gebied-02.htm

It's just about the short paragraph that's under the title 'De Weerribben'.

Anyone suggestions?

Pascal YAP

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Hello World :-)
    • CPG 1.5.x ExperiMental website
Re: short text introduction on first page of album
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 11:22:41 am »

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 11:56:54 am »

Another solution would be to use the hack that I created that truncates the album description on the album list pages (main page, album lists pages, etc) but shows the full description on the page that shows only that album. You can see what I mean by the full description here on the demo site. Then go to the home page to see the truncated version. This truncated version could be removed if you didn't want to see it but it's nice to give a very short intro to the album. If you like what you see, download that theme and check out the theme.php file. It's commented to show you what needs to be added to yours to get this feature.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

krakelis

• Coppermine newbie
    • Coppermine driven picture archive
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 12:26:50 pm »

Thanks to both of you for your reactions. I will take a closer look and see what suits me best.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 16 queries.