Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to delete files in Coppermine which are already deleted on FTP?  (Read 2778 times)

Riccardo83

• Coppermine novice

I see no way deleting files that have been deleted on my FTP? It says directory not writeable, ofc because its not there. Wouldnt it be great to make it work that u can delete those entries wholes files are physically missing?

Secondly, If I wanna move some files around on my FTP to have a easier structure since I have thousands of albums is there a easy way to chnage the path via Coppermine?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How to delete files in Coppermine which are already deleted on FTP?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 10:59:16 pm »

If you have batch-added the files you have FTP-uploaded, you mustn't delete them by FTP, but using Coppermine's UI, as suggested in the docs. What's the actual question?

mb67

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 12:52:04 am »

I wish I had registered early and read this... sorry I copied a website over to a new domain and needed to delete all the coppermine images - I used FTP to do this (the files were originally batch added). I'm gettin g similar errors as the dir are obviously not there. What should I do?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 02:00:03 am »

Easiest way is to recreate the directories.

mb67

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 09:26:44 pm »

Solved... Magic, thank you for your quick response and help (pity I had 50 dir to recreate!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.