Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing User Permissions after Bridge  (Read 3460 times)

digitaldesigns08

• Coppermine newbie
Changing User Permissions after Bridge
« on: October 15, 2008, 11:12:32 pm »

I'm not sure if this is the right spot or if I should have posted it under the Bridge Integration forum. (Sorry if it should have been the other one).

I've just finished bridging my gallery to my phpbb forum. I have one user that I would like to have Admin privleges in the gallery, but isn't admin in the forum.

Is there a way to change permissions on the user level? Thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Changing User Permissions after Bridge
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 07:34:30 am »

I'm not sure if this is the right spot or if I should have posted it under the Bridge Integration forum. (Sorry if it should have been the other one).
Moved your thread accordingly.

I have one user that I would like to have Admin privleges in the gallery, but isn't admin in the forum.
This has been asked very often already, e.g. in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,43163.0.html or http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,41418.0.html

Generic answer:
If you don't trust that person enough to be a forum admin, then don't allow that person to administer coppermine. Simple as that: don't do that. If you insist and must see this done, then you'll have to edit the bridge file accordingly. Add the person to a special group and then make that group an admin group in coppermine (by editing the bridge file).

I've just finished bridging my gallery to my phpbb forum.
As you failed to post what version of phpbb you're using I can't point you to a particular thread, but you can easily search the board for yourself.

Is there a way to change permissions on the user level?
You can't assign permissions on user base, but only on groups level.

digitaldesigns08

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Changing User Permissions after Bridge
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 03:42:18 pm »

Thank you for your prompt response. I apologize, I attempted the search but must have missed the posts you linked. As far has that person being forum admin. . .it's not that I don't trust them enough, it's simply the structure my partner and I have decided on. Since Coppermine doesn't have Global Moderator priveleges, I need her to have access to the administrative control panel.

I will attempt the steps you've pointed me at and get back to you. (For future reference, if needed, my phpbb is version 3.) Again, thank you for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 15 queries.