Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: remove login function  (Read 6976 times)

FIA2008

• Coppermine newbie
[Invalid]: remove login function
« on: September 19, 2008, 05:04:31 pm »

Is it possible to remove the login function?
If so, how am I able to remove the login function?

I want to remove the login function, because I have another login function on my site, and the login function doesn't work properly (as you could read in my topic "Can't login"), so I want to intergrate it to the other login function (wich I do understand:D)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 05:59:24 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: remove login function
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 05:59:15 pm »

To remove the ability for everyone to log in (that inlcudes you as admin), you can simply remove the file login.php. To get rid of the menu entry "login", search the board - this has been asked and answered countless times.
You won't be able to administer coppermine if you remove the login. Having another login for another system is irrelevant. Stick to your original thread - I already told you what to do there to make your login work again.

FIA2008

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [Invalid]: remove login function
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 07:32:02 pm »

I don't want the link to login removed, I want to have the whole login code removed, so I can use my own code to log in, the answer you gave me to let the login work, doesn't work.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 10:26:53 pm »

Then remove login.php as I suggested. But I guarantee that you won't get far unless you're an extremely skilled PHP coder.

FIA2008

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 10:41:21 pm »

doesn't work, If I try to access admin.php, I still get the message ''You don't have permission to view this page" (quick translation from dutch)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 09:32:57 am »

That's not very surprising. I told you so: you need to fix your login issues. You can't use a third-party authentification.
If you lose the keys of your house, what good should it be to borrow the keys of your neigbour's house?

FIA2008

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 11:35:26 am »

I don't want to use the login system of coppermine, so I want to remove that login system, my question was, how do I remove the login system

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 06:54:30 pm »

I told you how. You removed it by removing login.php. Now be a nice person and apply the other login system on your own if you have the skills to do so for coppermine. If you can't figure out how to accomplish this, then hire a coder to do this for you. I already told you: figuring out how to make another login system work with coppermine can only be accomplished by a very skilled coder who understands coppermine inside out. Judging your skills by looking at your homepage I strongly doubt that you have those skills (I'm not trying to put you down, just stating the obvious). Anyway, this is something you have to figure out on your own. It will definitely be very hard to learn how to accomplish this. Please don't ask questions how to accomplish applying another login mechanism to coppermine. We support the authentification methods we're familiar with: that is the login mechanism built into coppermine and bridging with the pre-made bridges we supply. If you don't fall into the category "logging in with coppermine" or "logging in via existing bridge files", then you're on your own.
You know my advice: try to fix the login mechanism of coppermine (you already have another open thread on that issue).

FIA2008

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 08:06:24 pm »

f*ck you, your advice is rubbish, and doesn't work!
You mark my topic "solved" and "invalid" while I'm still having problems with coppermine!

FIA2008

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 08:07:24 pm »

And your the worsed admin I've ever seen on a forum, you don't act following the rules!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 10:55:28 am »

f*ck you, your advice is rubbish, and doesn't work!
Farewell.

you don't act following the rules!
What rules? The rules you made up?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 11:23:18 am by Joachim Müller »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 16 queries.