Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: chaoticsoul theme - increase sidebar width size  (Read 8487 times)

dahoc

• Coppermine newbie
chaoticsoul theme - increase sidebar width size
« on: November 15, 2007, 05:40:10 am »

Dear Forums,

I am editing the chaoticsoul theme, and I am having trouble trying to figure out how to increase the width of the sidebar.  I need to make it a 300 width.  The onlyl code I could find was {COL_WIDTH%}, but this did not help.  Anyone here know the simple answer to this? :)

Thanks!

efekt

• Coppermine novice
Re: chaoticsoul theme - increase sidebar width size
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 09:20:29 pm »

I'm having similar problem now, that's why I decided to renew this topic, maybe somebody might help me.

I did change the content and sidebar width in style.css, the overall sum of both is same as before so the page doesn't go haywire, however there is one line, I believe some border that didn't move and I simply cannot find it anywhere.

My gallery: http://hmr6dobl2ii0.az.pl/shop/
Template: Chaoticsoul, however modified by me a bit
Plugins: lightbox, sidebar, photo cart

It was at 617px from left, and 200px from right and it just stayed there. Its very clearly seen.
I changed the width of content to 700 and the sidebar's to 117...

Any idea where I might find this line??

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 09:25:15 pm »

I get a template error so you must be working on it. I'll need to see what the issue is before I can offer a solution. You could also use Firefox and a great web development tool called Firebug to find the offending line.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

efekt

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 09:26:50 pm »

its working for me now, and I stop working on it so please have a look...

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 09:46:01 pm »

Still getting the error. Put the My Gallery link back into the menu:
Code: [Select]
Template error
Failed to find block 'my_gallery'(#(<!-- BEGIN my_gallery -->)(.*?)(<!-- END my_gallery -->)#s) in :

<h3>Main Menu</h3>
                                            <ul>
<!-- BEGIN home -->
                                            <li><a href="{HOME_TGT}" title="{HOME_TITLE}">{HOME_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- END home -->
<!-- BEGIN my_gallery
                                            <li><a href="{MY_GAL_TGT}" title="{MY_GAL_TITLE}">{MY_GAL_LNK}</a></li>
 END my_gallery -->
<!-- BEGIN allow_memberlist -->
                                            <li><a href="{MEMBERLIST_TGT}" title="{MEMBERLIST_TITLE}">{MEMBERLIST_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- END allow_memberlist -->

<!-- BEGIN faq -->
                                            <li><a href="{FAQ_TGT}" title="{FAQ_TITLE}">{FAQ_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- END faq -->

<!-- BEGIN upload_pic
                                            <li><a href="{UPL_PIC_TGT}" title="{UPL_PIC_TITLE}">{UPL_PIC_LNK}</a></li>
 END upload_pic -->
<!-- BEGIN register -->
                                            <li><a href="{REGISTER_TGT}" title="{REGISTER_TITLE}">{REGISTER_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- END register -->
<!-- BEGIN login -->
                                            <li><a href="{LOGIN_TGT}" title="{LOGIN_LNK}">{LOGIN_LNK}</a></li>
<!-- END login -->

</ul>

I'll be back later. Have to go drink some beer! Belgium I believe!  ;D
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.

efekt

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 09:50:14 pm »

ok... fixed... (I hope)

efekt

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 11:05:20 pm »

ok... fixed... (I hope)

the template error not the line  :P

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 02:13:28 pm »

That line is in the background image content_bkg.png. You'll have to edit that out (or move it) with a graphics program.

Two other things, since you are using a transparent image for the background your site doesn't look so good in IE6 (see attached view). IE6 does not handle transparent png out of the box. There are some solutions but mostly you can't use a transparent image as a background nor tile it. Just to let you know... I HATE IE!  >:( (ahh... I feel better now after that rant). Yea, I know who cares about people who are still using IE6 but if you check the Browser Statistics you'll see that 25% of the internet users still are. Until IE6 gets down into the low single digits you should serve these users. Here's a Google search on transparent png in IE6 to help you along if you care.

Second is that your diamond background image size is quite large. I've reduced it to 50kb instead of 250kb and it stills looks OK to use and this should help loading your site faster. I've attached it to this post if you care to try it.

efekt

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 08:55:23 pm »

omfg... thanks a million!! I would have never found it there... 4px speck on an image I worked on once...

thanks for the other advice too... I know the background is heavy, it was 1,2MB in the beginning  ;-) I may work on it more however its not vital for me now. Same as png compatibility in IE6, Ive known of the issue from another project way back in Joomla, and I have a solution somewhere on my drive - still the IE6 users are way down on my list as I don't care much about computer-disabled people  ;D

efekt

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 11:09:28 pm »

added the *png handling, however I dont have IE6 anywhere near me... Ive installed IETester and under it all looks fine, however the lightbox doesn't seem to work, well the intermediate page doesnt seem to work at all... does it work for u, would u be so kind to check?? I hope its only the IETester thingy...

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 01:12:20 am »

The intermediate image viewing and lightbox are working for me in IE6.

efekt

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 07:27:53 am »

Ok, thx. I need to find some other program then this IETester for IE6 website compatibility check then  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 16 queries.