Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Newbi's question how to make Coppermine work?  (Read 3988 times)

Lubasha

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Newbi's question how to make Coppermine work?
« on: August 21, 2008, 11:31:32 pm »

I have Coppermine in my host server and it is uploaded to my website. Now I am trying to upload first album in it. My brains are smoking but I did not figure out how to do that yet.

I gave a name to my first album in Coppermine but when I used FTP to upload folder with pics in it this album did not show up when I navigated to it so instead of I uploaded pics in Coppermine folder "userpics".

Now I cannot find these pics anywhere in Coppermine. Obviously I did something wrong and I feel very lost. Please, advice, how I should upload pictures in proper way?

Thank you for any help.

Lubasha.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:45:30 am by phill104 »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Newbi's question how to make Coppermine work?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 11:59:15 pm »

If you have uploaded them via ftp you then need to use the batch add tool to add them to the coppermine database and create thumbnails etc.

It is all in the docs.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#uploading
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Lubasha

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Newbi's question how to make Coppermine work?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 03:50:35 am »

Thank you so much for your respond.

I am sitting in that link and in doks at list couple days but I still cannot figure out how this information should help me to see my pictures in Coppermine. 

In my File Manager I created path public_html>coppermine folder>albums>mypics,

and

in Coppermine (not in File Manager) I have one album in Category with one page that shows “0 files” in it.

I don’t understand where can I find this batch add tool. If I should look for it in Coppermine where is it exactly? Right now I see that File Manager and Coppermine are too different things that don’t cooperate with one another.

Pleeeese, help me to go through this puzzle, I wish so much Coppermine to work for me!  :'(

Lubasha

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Newbi's question how to make Coppermine work? (Solved)
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 04:51:59 am »

Never mind folks,

Finally I found that "hidden" batch add tool, it’s sitting right in a top bar! Everything works wonderful now (http://lubashastore.com/greetings/thumbnails.php?album=1) and I feel I love Coppermine so much!

Another stupid question: if any visitor really can manipulate (edit or even delete) with picks right on my website page?

My great hello to community!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Newbi's question how to make Coppermine work? (Solved)
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 08:35:53 am »

Another stupid question: if any visitor really can manipulate (edit or even delete) with picks right on my website page?
We have a strict "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up. Locking
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.