Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: my sql and how it is used in coppermine  (Read 3076 times)

bubs

• Coppermine novice
[Solved]: my sql and how it is used in coppermine
« on: April 14, 2004, 03:58:30 pm »

Hi there,

i have just downloaded coppermine as my new webhost will not allow me to use my old image software because it does not have image magick installed, only gd. I notice that coppermine has to have a mysql installed on the server. please can i ask what the mysql will be used for as i will have to have one installed on my hosting package and it is going to cost me but i am limited to 100mb. Am i right in thinking that the photos etc. are stored in the directory of the site and not the mysql? therefore what is the mysql used for. I hope i make sense a i am new to this,  also how easy is it to change the appearance of the standard coppermine to suit my customers different websites?

look forward to hearing from you

thank you

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 04:06:15 pm »

Hi, mysql is the database where the details of the gallery are stored, everything from the members, to which pics are in what albums etc.
It does not take much space on the server, but is very important.

If your host wants to charge you for the database, have a look at changing your host, to a paid one, that comes with everything included, which may work out cheaper for more webspace and utilties.
Have a look at this post, for an example http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=2208&start=16

I think $4.80 a month is pretty good for that level of service.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

bubs

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 04:13:12 pm »

the trouble is i have resellers account as i will be making websites for others so i suppose a one off fee for a 100mb mysql database isn't too bad, how many coppermine's could i run off a 100mb my sql database? just thinking of the future.

thanks of ryour help, it is always appreciated

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 04:20:06 pm »

My install uses 1.6 MB of mysql data, most of which is for comments, which many of your clients may not chose to have. Putting ~100 coppermine installs in one databse should be ok, just make sure you have different tablename prefixes.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 04:20:38 pm »

I'm no mysql expert, but my coppermine gallery is just under 300mb, and the database is 168kb.  Of course, this will be affected by number of members/pics ect., but as you see it's very small.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

bubs

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 04:24:12 pm »

Thanks Guys for your help, what a great forum, really quick too.

Casper, i checked out your site, looks good. i will be in touch for hints on and tips on how to change the look of coppermine. In the meantime,  thanks again. I shall upload coppermine!

cheers

Barny :lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 14 queries.