Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: allow guests to upload  (Read 6057 times)

Wasley

• Coppermine newbie
allow guests to upload
« on: June 19, 2008, 03:26:02 pm »

Hello all,

I had no problems installing coppermine gallery, its a great mod. One quick question. How do I make an album to allow guests to upload there renders to it. I dont want them uploading there renders to any other folder just incase its some thing like spam. Its just to keep an eye on things, easy to maintain.

Any ideas ?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 03:38:08 pm by Hein Traag »

Wasley

• Coppermine newbie
Re: !
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 03:26:29 pm »

Sorry for the subject title, I hit the wrong button by mistake... ::)

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: allow guests to upload
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 03:39:08 pm »

Adjusted subject.
Did you read the documentation or searched the forum ?

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 03:43:52 pm »

Smart advise:
Did you read the documentation or searched the forum ?
Try next time.

Read the entire topic number 2 of the docs: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#getting
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Wasley

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 04:52:54 pm »

Thanks for your sarcastic replys. Much app.

Wasley

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 04:59:43 pm »

But it still doesnt answer my question. Even when I, the admin switches to usermode and goes to upload. I get the error,

''Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files''

Any ideas ?

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 05:16:55 pm »

We are not sarcastic, but it's a question that if you read a little bit you're going to notice the answer. I qoute a section on the 'must read' docs that's called: Getting started. You must read it.

Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files
It’s just because: ‘there is no album to upload to’

I’m going to quote some things that I say to you to read in order to solve your problem: --from docs--
Of course you're exited about Coppermine and want to start with it right now. However, there are some basic considerations you should make up your mind about first, as some settings can't be changed easily once your gallery has been populated with content.
I really recommend read all docs ‘twice’ as Gaugau said.

Then,
Coppermine stores files inside of albums, so you'll need at least one album for your pictures/files to be placed in. Albums can be stored in categories (but they don't HAVE to be in a category, they can just as well go into the coppermine "root").

When you click on "albums" in the admin menu, you will see the Album Manager.

And,
Choose a category from the dropdown list "Select category" and highlight the selection where you would like your album to reside in. (or choose "* No category *" if the album should go into the coppermine "root"). If you haven't created a category yet, go to the categories control panel first. Or, you can proceed with these steps to first create an album and move the album into a category later. You can also perform this moving task by using the album properties page.
To create an album, click on the "New" button - a new album will appear on the list, by default this album is labelled "New album"
Click on the text input field at the bottom of the screen, highlight the default name "New album"
Then type in the album name you want to use
(repeat steps 2 through 4 to add additional albums)
Click "Apply modifications" to submit your changes to the database. failure to do so will result in the loss of all the changes you just made. You can always return to this panel to edit and change album names, sort them within their parent category, and/or move them to different parent categories.
After clicking to Apply Modification, confirm your intent in the alert box with &the quot;OK" (Are you sure you want to make these modifications ? button.)

We are here to help you, we are not sarcastics. But most of the issues on the forum could be solved just RTFM .... Reading The Fasinating Manual  ;)
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Wasley

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 05:21:41 pm »

I know how to do all of that. Its setting ther permissions, Even I cant upload images to the albums that are already there unless i'm in admin mode.

fangweile

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Saranghaeyo ^_^
    • All Koreans - Home of Korean Actors and Actresses
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 11:11:02 am »

Have you set the album properties to "Visitors can upload files" to "YES" and also to Group Manager?
You must probably know this option if you read thoroughly the documentation.
[My Coppermine Galleries]
All Koreans, Lim Eun-kyeong's IFC
Saranghae 김태희

Wasley

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 03:42:27 pm »

album properties I cant see...

Wasley

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 03:45:16 pm »

I've linked the gallery to my forum so the members dont have to register. Could this be causing the problem. I now want my members to be able to upload to the albums that I have created for everyone to view.

fangweile

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Saranghaeyo ^_^
    • All Koreans - Home of Korean Actors and Actresses
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 04:11:40 am »

You must see it when you viewed your album list as an admin. It won't be visible if you log as user.

Do you have an integration between your forum and coppermine gallery?
[My Coppermine Galleries]
All Koreans, Lim Eun-kyeong's IFC
Saranghae 김태희

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 11:23:42 am »

Even when I, the admin switches to usermode and goes to upload
That's the first mistake you make - don't assume that "user mode" will show you what guests can do. Read up http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#admin_user_mode :
When you are in user mode you are still logged in as an admin user, but the admin controls (the admin menu bar etc.) are hidden from the screen to give you a basic preview of what the page would look like for "regular users". However (as you still are logged in as admin), certain permissions and options in user mode will still look the same as if you were in admin mode; you can not use "User Mode" to see what a non-admin user is actually allowed to see. To see what a casual visitor can see and do on your site, simply log out. To see what a registered user can see and do on your site, create a test user account (non-admin) and log in with this particular user (when doing this it is recommended that you use two different browsers, NOT two instances of the same browswer, to view your site so you can stay logged in as admin on one and view what regular users see while making changes in admin mode. You will have to refresh the non-admin mode screen to see what changes you incorporated).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 15 queries.