Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I place pictures in multiple albums?  (Read 7944 times)

STRiDOR

• Coppermine novice
    • Nordin Rahhali's World Lounge
How do I place pictures in multiple albums?
« on: October 14, 2003, 10:20:12 pm »

I'm sure I read something briefly on the old board about this, but does anyone have a good snippet of code that allows for something like this?  I want to place the same picture in different albums, such as a B&W album, or exhibition album which may include pictures from any number of other albums.

I'd appreciate any code or advice.  Thanks!
STRiDOR

jasendorf

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • http://www.338tharmyband.com
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2003, 10:25:01 pm »

You'd need to uplioad the file in multiple albums for the time being.  But, this is a feature that is being discussed for a future release of CPG (but not in 1.2).
Read the Online DOCs,FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

STRiDOR

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 10:53:46 pm »

Importing fails though because it's a duplicate image.  How do you get around that?

BTW, I think it would be very useful to have this in a future release as you've mentioned.
STRiDOR

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 12:10:43 am »

when using batch-add, you'll have to put it into a different folder (in fact to different pics with the same content as afar as the script is concerned).

GauGau

jasendorf

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • http://www.338tharmyband.com
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2003, 02:45:32 am »

Ah, yes... hadn't thought about batch add.  If you upload the file seperately, CPG will rename the second photo with the same name plus another character to distinguish it from the first.
Read the Online DOCs,FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2003, 04:30:20 am »

my be we need a way to place keyword albums in the album listings
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

STRiDOR

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2003, 06:26:21 am »

Hmm, different folders can be quite a mess, for both space and organization issues.  I guess if you have telnet or ssh access then you could do this with symbolic links, just a guess though as I haven't tried.

The shame about doing it this was is you loose out on ratings and comments as the pictures are treated completely separately.  I guess what you really want is a way to keep a photo's sql entry unique, but relax the way it handles duplicate photo's, or at least to have as an additional option to the the way it's implemented now.

As for keyword album listings, although it's an interesting idea I don't see it  being as robust or simple as a user defined album.  Nothing beats simply adding picture x to album y + z and having comments/ratings span across the two albums without having to edit the keywords on potentially hundreds or thousands of pictures..  Imagine making a change later to keywords to manage these kind of vitural "albums", to avoid potentially huge management problems would require a foresight that even late night psychic's would have trouble seeing.  Well they would have trouble anyways, but I hope you get the picture..   :P
STRiDOR
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.