Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: backing up data base - How?  (Read 6489 times)

dapazman

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: backing up data base - How?
« on: April 23, 2008, 03:13:01 am »

Going from 1.4.14 to 1.4.18 - In the docs the first step is "First, make a backup (dump) of your database"  Are you refering to the items in the SQL folder (basic.sql, schema.sql, update.sql) ? Or is this something I need my Host (GoDaddy) to do.  I can ftp my entire site down to my local drive, will that do it? phpMyAdmin is beyond me, so don't recommend that.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 09:35:19 am by Joachim Müller »

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: backing up data base - How?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 07:05:28 am »

Are you refering to the items in the SQL folder (basic.sql, schema.sql, update.sql) ?
No that's not this.
if you cannot use phpmyadmin or another similar tool, you can use the backup plugin http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,40439.0.html
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 08:06:18 am »

Coppermine galleries installed by your webhost GoDaddy might cause issues - godaddy is notorious for not allowing users to move away. If you have issues creating the backup you need, search the board for "godaddy" and you will find some threads where people complain that their godaddy-driven install is shielded against backups.

dapazman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 06:00:33 pm »

No that's not this.
if you cannot use phpmyadmin or another similar tool, you can use the backup plugin http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,40439.0.html

Ok, this is great! Your salaries should be doubled! However, I was about to use version 2.3 of the plugin, but noted the  - Add "DROP TABLE" - was checked.  In other postings I read where this should not be checked :
(FAQ http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#BackupDatabase)  Yes or No to checking Add Drop Table?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 07:11:28 am »

The drop table doesn't mean that your gallery's tables are going to be emptied when you run the backup. The option means: drop the tables if you perform a restore. As you only will need to perform a restore if something goes wrong, you shouldn't be too concerned. Additionally, you can easily get rid of the drop commands with any plain text editor. So after all, it doesn't matter wether you tick that option or not.

dapazman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 04:33:54 pm »

OK, I upgraded from 1.4.14 to 1.4.18 successfully, using the backup plugin to backup the database.  After running the plugin, the progress bar stopped at 94%.  Based on other comments elsewhere, I assume the backup is OK and only the progress bar has a problem.

...Coppermine galleries installed by your webhost GoDaddy might cause issues ...
   Having been warned before about GoDaddy I installed Ver 1.4.16 from this site not GoDaddys

...The option means: drop the tables if you perform a restore...
   Gotcha. Thank you for that explanation.

Thanks for your help. I only wish I was a programmer to help out on this wonderful project.

Original issue is definitly closed, thanks again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 09:36:06 am »

Thanks for your help. I only wish I was a programmer to help out on this wonderful project.
You don't need to be a programmer, see http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,14227.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.