Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to remove dead pictures  (Read 3023 times)

dt

• Coppermine novice
how to remove dead pictures
« on: April 05, 2004, 12:26:05 am »

ok some things that i have noticed in my album is that i have reuploaded the pictures into another folder and delted thoose certain pics in that directory and that folder and it still shows up

well heres a link to it
http://rapid.50free.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0&page=27

:?

Nibbler

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 12:35:41 am »

You have to delete images through coppermine, not by deleting files yourself. The database needs to be updated when pics are removed, and the only way to do this is by using coppermine's own interface.

dt

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 01:33:30 am »

im  sure i deleted it using the coppermine

caus i had this problem uploading it and it didnt show and yeah

what can i do to fix it???

or any other suggestion please

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 02:42:57 am »

Can't you just delete the broken pics from within coppermine ? this should remove them from the database completely.

dt

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 06:50:14 am »

i think i renamed the folder first before i delete it therefore i can delete it now :(

is there any way to delete it from the database code or something  :)
or what sould i do, i dont want to leave it like this :cry:

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 08:20:38 am »

use a tool like phpMyAdmin and edit the table cpg11d_pictures manually (delete the records with the dead links). Back up your database before doing so (in case you delete records you weren't meant to). Next time, use coppermine to delete pics, as coppermine will delete both the records in the database and the files (that's one of the main advantages of using a software like coppermine). Once pics are within coppermine's database, you mustn't touch them with ftp.

GauGau

warteschlange

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 11:10:37 am »

Quote from: "gaugau"
use a tool like phpMyAdmin and edit the table cpg11d_pictures manually (delete the records with the dead links). Back up your database before doing so (in case you delete records you weren't meant to). Next time, use coppermine to delete pics, as coppermine will delete both the records in the database and the files (that's one of the main advantages of using a software like coppermine). Once pics are within coppermine's database, you mustn't touch them with ftp.

GauGau

i just want to remind, that a good database application never should behave as the sole and unique modifier of content. Just imagine, as it happens in my case, someone uses two different gallery-applications and use the same folders, which is always preferable.
Now i don't think that the rebuild query is very difficult.  You should  provide a simple dialog which allows to remove broken database entries.
Allowing people to upload by FTP means, they can delete images, even by mistake.  

Andres
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.