Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Process Blank Screen  (Read 3608 times)

MrMatt

• Coppermine novice
Batch Process Blank Screen
« on: April 21, 2008, 02:47:09 am »

I have been using Coppermine Photo Gallery for about 4 years now to upload Photos, and I have never had this problem before.  When I go to Batch add photos to the Gallery, I hit the submit button, it takes a while and then a blank page loads in firefox, or a page cannot be displayed loads in IE.  I turned on the debug, and in the notes section I saw the following "Possible causes".

Warning line 2938: cannot yet handle MBCS in html_entity_decode()!
Notice line 101: Undefined variable: sel_album
Notice line 169: Undefined variable: fullimagesize
Notice line 170: Undefined variable: fullimagesize

My Board is at http://scoutphoto.mrmatt.net/

I never had a problem until I upgraded the gallery to the newest one, but I don't think I could downgrade.  If you need the debug code I will gladly post it.  The last time the gallery worked successfully was on March 30, 2008, when I uploaded the last set of Photos.  I was hoping to get these ones up today, but so far I am beginning to think that won't happen.

I read you may need a test account, so here is one:
Username:testacct
Password: helptest1856

Thanks for the help, I hope this can be figured out!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batch Process Blank Screen
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 07:39:03 am »

The test user account doesn't have upload privileges, so what good should it do? Leave notices_display turned off if you have no idea what notices mean.

MrMatt

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 01:11:23 pm »

It does now, sorry, I forgot to change it's group settings.  I turned Notices off, and enables debug for all users, in case that helps too.  Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 02:31:08 pm »

Please review the docs, sections "upload troubleshooting" and "asking for support on upload issues" and do exactly as suggested there. The number of file upload fields needs to be set to 1, the number of URI upload fields needs to be 0.

MrMatt

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 03:28:37 pm »

Thanks for the patience so far with me, I have made the appropriate changes.  And tested the upload for 1 file, and this feature worked.  My goal is to upload over 100 files at once, so I am using the batch add feature.  It worked before, but now something has changed.  I tried to "Batch Add" the first 6 files, and it worked, but when I try to batch add all the files, the screen goes blank and no files are uploaded.  Out of curiosity is there a limit to the program, I didn't see anything in the documentation section about it?  I will try testing to see how many I can upload at a time, but if there is a limit would you know it?  Thanks again for the help!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 07:02:26 pm »

There is no limit built into coppermine, but there are several server-sided limitations that need to be taken into account, see http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,24088.0.html

MrMatt

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 08:29:58 pm »

Thanks, I think this is solved, it seems to be a timeout issue now that the database is getting so big.  Guess that is bound to happen when you hit 20,000 Photos though.  Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 07:06:02 am »

There is no limit built into coppermine on the number of files that can reside in the databasae, so again you're running into server-sided limitations imposed by your webhost, so you might want to talk to them and maybe even upgrade your webhosting contract.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 16 queries.