Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing the FAQ Navbar Tab url (global)  (Read 3244 times)

Icehawk002

• Coppermine newbie
Changing the FAQ Navbar Tab url (global)
« on: April 08, 2008, 07:25:45 pm »

using the bridge I integrated coppermine with vbulletin, one link "FAQ" by default goes to faq.php within the coppermine root directory.  I want to change this to go to general site FAQ page.

I would like to change this link for all themes within coppermine in the same way that "Members List" or "Home", "My Profile" etc is done rather than editing each of the seperate themes.

Ponters???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Changing the FAQ Navbar Tab url (global)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 07:20:48 am »

Disable the FAQ link in Coppermine's config, then use the custom link feature in coppermine's config or come up with an additional menu item in your theme. Not related to bridging, moving accordingly.

Icehawk002

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 02:53:08 pm »

Thanks Joachim, I am already using the "single" custom link. It seems a waste to just disable the existing FAQ link to add an additional FAQ link. Is there no way to alter the existing links URL. Since several themes might be used any new additional menu item will have to be added to each theme if my understanding is correct where as the existing FAQ link is global for all themes. So at risk of being repetitious is there a way to change the existing FAQ link?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 07:30:00 pm »

Then add another menu item by editing your custom theme. If you have no idea how to accomplish this, do as I suggest to all users with similar reuqests: post a link to your gallery and zip your custom theme folder and attach the zip to your posting.

steveeh131047

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 08:19:02 pm »

I'm way "out of my depth" here, but could you use a "redirect" in .htacess to point to the new FAQ URL?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 07:41:37 am »

Don't use workarounds. Do as I suggested: post a link to your gallery and attach a zip of your theme folder. This will then teach you how to add as menu menu items as you wish.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.