Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: FreeBSD Port Of Coppermine 1.4.14 And Portaudit  (Read 5024 times)

ThisGuyIKnow

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: FreeBSD Port Of Coppermine 1.4.14 And Portaudit
« on: March 05, 2008, 06:34:19 pm »

Hello folks,

The portaudit tool on my FreeBSD test server at work has been telling that I need to upgrade my coppermine installation (1.4.14), which was installed via the FreeBSD ports collection. I run "portsnap fetch update" and "portversion -v | grep '<'" daily to update my ports collection and see which ports need to be updated respectively. Coppermine never comes up, so I gather there hasn't been a update of this port.

I am wondering if I should just wait for an updated port or upgrade manually, following the instructions on the Coppermine site. I already know how to do the latter since I successfully upgraded the Coppermine installation on my personal website (Debian hosted) from 1.4.14 to 1.4.16. But if I do it that way, will portaudit "know" that I have upgraded to the new version? I doubt that it will, since I believe it goes by what it sees in the ports collection tree or the package database. (I think)

Anyways this isn't ultra important because, as I mentioned above, this is on a test server. But I also recognize that this post may potentially help other people in the future.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 07:16:22 am by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: FreeBSD Port Of Coppermine 1.4.14 And Portaudit
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 07:12:11 pm »

You'd need to ask the port maintainer. Using anything other than our install/update scripts is not recommended or supported here.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 07:50:38 pm »

Please note that we're not fond of pre-installed packages. The only supported install method is the one we describe in our docs. Auto-installers (like Fantastico) or similar tend to be outdated - that's generally a problem with web-driven apps. As Nibbler suggested, you'll have to ask the maintainer of the package to update it for you.

ThisGuyIKnow

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 01:04:37 am »

Okay, works for me.  :)

For others' benefit, I did the following:

- Gavin
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 07:16:11 am by Joachim Müller »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.