Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Install / No Admin  (Read 5119 times)

newbbb

• Coppermine newbie
New Install / No Admin
« on: April 02, 2004, 09:33:29 pm »

Just Installed Your Software everything went smooth an  then went to admin.php To login as admin an i get error (You don't have permission to access this page.)

Im on win xp  with foxsevr as a window base server.
I get a login screen an i can login but thats in the users screen  i think this is what on top

Album list :: Login
Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Any Help???
Thanks
Newbbb

Nibbler

New Install / No Admin
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 09:41:52 pm »

Hi,

You dont go to admin.php to login, you login using the nornal users login, and it recognises you as admin and gives you the appropriate menus.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
New Install / No Admin
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 09:44:20 pm »

You don't go to 'admin'php' to login, you just click on the login link from any page.

If you are already logged in you can't see the login link.  

You should see a 'admin mode' or 'user mode' link.  Click on admin mode .
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

newbbb

• Coppermine newbie
hmmmm
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 10:05:07 pm »

Ok Using link to coppermind im using index.php an i get there then at top it has login so i login an i get a welcome message then it auto maticly jump to new screen ( no Images...) an i dont have any'admin mode' or 'user mode' link at top of page. just the same

Album list :: Login
Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

newbbd

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
New Install / No Admin
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 10:12:29 pm »

So do you still see 'login' in the menu after you tried to login.

Please give a link.  Are you bridging to a bulletin board?
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

newbbb

• Coppermine newbie
me again
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 10:21:26 pm »

http://67.126.249.170/olympicmachinery/fg/index.php

I do have yaBBe Forum loaded but have not try to link together yet
forum http://67.126.249.170/olympicmachinery/tables/index.php

newbbb

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
New Install / No Admin
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2004, 12:47:33 am »

your links are not working for me.

Can you answer my question about when you have tried to login, do you see 'login' or 'logout' in the menu.  Note, on some themes, these are only visible when you mouseover the @ sign or the little house icon.

Care

• Coppermine newbie
Same Problem
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2004, 09:07:20 am »

Think Im having same problem.

Installed no Problem (Very Nice Install / Setup , Hats off to you guys )  :)

When I first go into coppermine everything seems normal.
When I Login I get The Welcome Message, Then I Think Its booting me back to the first login Page. :?:

I never get to the confg page.

Heres link :arrow:   http://care.myfileserver.com/care/gallery/index.php

Help Please
Care

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
New Install / No Admin
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2004, 09:26:34 am »

If you log in and a welcome message appears, this means that you entered the right data for your admin account, not more. If you see a login link in the next screen, there's a cookie issue on your machine.
There might be variuos reasons why cookies do not work for you, try some of the fixes listed below (not all of them at once)
  • if you're running coppermine with bbs integration, temporarily disable integration and try to login with the standalone admin username/password
  • Check you browser's privacy settings - make sure it accepts cookies from your domain
  • make sure your computer clock is set to the correct date and time - if computer clock and server-clock mismatch, there might be cookie issues
  • make sure that no third-party software on your client is restricting cookies - look for cookie blockers, personal firewalls, virus scanners and similar tools. Disable them temporarily to see if they caused the problem
  • delete the cookie manually
  • check coppermine config if th cookie settings are correct - as you can't log in, you won't be able to do so using the coppermine config page. Instead, use a tool like phpMyAdmin and check the cpg_config table: your cookie name must differ from the name of other cookies set by your domain. Also take a look at the path (usually a slash should be OK)
  • Try using another browser - maybe it's the browser's fault
  • Try logging in from another machine (ask a friend) to check if it's related to your machine
  • Keep in mind: subdomains are different domains! If you issue a cookie from foo.yourdomain.tld, you won't be able to read the cookie on pages from bar.yourdomain.tld[/list:u]GauGau

Care

• Coppermine newbie
New Install / No Admin
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2004, 08:01:41 pm »

• if you're running coppermine with bbs integration, temporarily disable integration and try to login with the standalone admin username/password [Its A Standalone]
  • Check you browser's privacy settings - make sure it accepts cookies from your domain [Browers accepts cookies]
  • make sure your computer clock is set to the correct date and time - if computer clock and server-clock mismatch, there might be cookie issues [ Time/Clock Is right ]
  • make sure that no third-party software on your client is restricting cookies - look for cookie blockers, personal firewalls, virus scanners and similar tools. Disable them temporarily to see if they caused the problem[Disabled Didnt Help]

• check coppermine config if th cookie settings are correct - as you can't log in, you won't be able to do so using the coppermine config page. Instead, use a tool like phpMyAdmin and check the cpg_config table: your cookie name must differ from the name of other cookies set by your domain. Also take a look at the path (usually a slash should be OK)[ Checked it and even Changed it , have a / for path]
  • Try using another browser - maybe it's the browser's fault[ Did this before I came looking for help]
  • Try logging in from another machine (ask a friend) to check if it's related to your machine[ Did this before I came looking for help]
  • Keep in mind: subdomains are different domains! If you issue a cookie from foo.yourdomain.tld, you won't be able to read the cookie on pages from bar.yourdomain.tld[ Changed form /care/gallery to /gallery didnt help][/list:u]GauGau[/quote]

• delete the cookie manually
Now this I dont know how to do,Where Is Cookie Pc windows or Server Side? I couldnt find it.

Made A test link login name Test password Test http://care.myfileserver.com/gallery/index.php

Thanks for the help but I think I need More Help
Care

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
New Install / No Admin
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2004, 09:00:31 pm »

Quote from: "Care"
Where Is Cookie Pc windows or Server Side? I couldnt find it.

It is on your pc, in your cookie cache, usually in your 'documents and settings/your user name/cookies'.  It will be the one that is named (yourname@yourwebsite)

Care

• Coppermine newbie
New Install / No Admin
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2004, 09:24:22 pm »

Thanks casper
Now I have deleted cookies.
Still cant get to admin
I uploaded Script To JdHost.com (Real Server) and Software works Great
In Fact I really like it,but I want it to work on my pc server.
So It looks like its a problem on my side ( server ) And That part I dont under stand why it wont work here I have tested Several Scripts here.
And have had a few bugs ,but was always able to fix without support.
Thats why I dont understand If Installation Goes good But Software does work right.
And I know you guys arnt here to help with my server side Problems If any.
But More Help would be nice if there is anymore to give.

Thanks
Care

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
New Install / No Admin
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 06:34:45 am »

Any help on server setup would be blind guessing, nothing obvious imo. As you already said: this board doesn't deal with server setup. I suggest you just forget about it, since it works on the "real" webserver; why bother with local server issues (in fact, running a webserver on your local pc isn't recommended at all...).

GauGau

ladstrip

• Coppermine newbie
Re: New Install / No Admin
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2004, 09:38:47 pm »

I had the same problem with the install, and followed all the advice but unfortunately I couldn't resolve the problem......Then i temporarily shutdown my firewall (Zonealarm) and the program now works perfectly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 14 queries.