Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Password Protection Question  (Read 2618 times)

Tim in Hollywood

• Coppermine newbie
Password Protection Question
« on: February 24, 2008, 08:36:45 am »

Hi all,

The install of Coppermine went just fine.  Everything seems to be working without any flaws.

I've searched the forum for the past 90 minutes, but found no answer to my question.

* My install of Coppermine is a way for me to share photos with family and friends.  Only I (admin) have upload permission.  All others are simply viewers.

* We have dozens of friends and family with their own usernames.  They are placed among three groups.  Immediate Family, Extended Family, and Friends.

* We want to allow access to some albums to only the Immediate Family group.  Other albums should be viewable by both Immediate Family and Extended Family, but not  Friends.  Other various combinations of groups will apply.

How can I do this?  I don't see how to make albums accessible to multiple groups.  Is this possible?  If so, how?

Thanks for your help!  If this has been answered before, please feel free to send me links to any other posts.

- Tim in Hollywood

Nibbler

Re: Password Protection Question
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 02:37:33 pm »

You can't set albums to be viewable by more than one group. The only thing you can do is make extra groups for the combinations you need and put the users themselves in multiple groups. ie. make a group called 'Immediate Family + Extended Family' that contains members of both groups then set permissions for that group.

What does this have to do with password protection?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.