Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error Message - Impossible to Move - after switching to virtual private server  (Read 3674 times)

machinerm

• Coppermine newbie

I have read the trouble shooting guide, and could not find anything about switching servers causing problems.  Site ran fine on shared hosting, and we switched to a virtual private server last week.    Apparently everybody is getting the error about "impossible to move".    The gallery still runs just fine, just the upload error...

username:  test
password: test
URL:  http://www.sidcollectors.com/photos/

permission was already set to 755

Thank you.... 

« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 01:03:34 am by Nibbler »

Nibbler

You need to set file upload boxes to 1 and URI boxes to 0 for troubleshooting.

755 might not be appropriate for your server setup. Determine what perms are required to make something writable on your server.

machinerm

• Coppermine newbie

Done...    boxes have been updated...

No clue on permission to write...   I will check with my host company.    Since Its a virtual server, I think I can make any change that is needed on my end..

Nibbler

Set the albums directory and all subdirectories to 777.

machinerm

• Coppermine newbie

Also, not to sound dumb...   but which folders need to be set to _______ permission.   just the main PHOTO folder, or all the sub-folders as well?    I have been googling the problem, and somebody seemed to have luck with changing it to 777...    I was going to try it, after I gave the board a chance to see the current problem... 

machinerm

• Coppermine newbie

Thank you Nibbler...   I will go do it now..

machinerm

• Coppermine newbie

That did work.....    THANK YOU SO MUCH... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.