Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Password Protect Albums Problem  (Read 2994 times)

fareforce

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • Who are you calling a weasel?
    • Alaska Studio
Password Protect Albums Problem
« on: January 23, 2008, 02:59:30 am »

I guess aI am really just confused about this whole thing. I want to protect an album so people (the general public) can see the album, but not access it without a password. On the help thing next the where you set the password it says:

Code: [Select]
Album Password: you can specify an album to be password-protected (instead of relying on the "regular" group-based permissions). This way, you can even allow access for unlogged users (guests) who you provide the password to. Use this option, for example, to set up an album for your family members only by specifying a password that only they can come up with answering an additional password hint (e.g. "What was the maiden name of aunt Emma?"), or you could decide to send the particular password to specific friends, family or business associates by email. The optional password hint will be displayed at the password prompt, when set.

Note: when setting an album password, the permission dropdown field "Album can be viewed by" will be switched automatically to "me only" - this is expected behaviour. If you change the "Album can be viewed by" to another selection, you must disable the album password as well.

I tried setting a password on it and it displays "Album can be viewed by me only" which is normal i guess, but that means that I have to give out my login as well as an album password to access it?

I guess I am confused on how to get this to work correctly. Is there a way to make it so the general public can see the album name, and then have to supply a password for it?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 07:59:29 am by Joachim Müller »
~fareforce
Anchorage, AK
Home of the frozen weasel
http://www.alaskastudio.com

fareforce

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • Who are you calling a weasel?
    • Alaska Studio
Re: Password Protect Albums Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 04:24:22 am »

Nevermind, I feel stupid. Was a user setting error. Found how to set it correctly in the user guide under section 4.12.9.

Please mark as solved.
~fareforce
Anchorage, AK
Home of the frozen weasel
http://www.alaskastudio.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.