Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating a Ban Group  (Read 2533 times)

pftq

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Creating a Ban Group
« on: January 15, 2008, 02:19:10 am »

Hi, I'm trying to edit my gallery so that it will display the banned user page if the user is part of a certain group.

My plan here is to detect the User's group id and then either let it pass or redirect to a page with the appropriate message.

However, I'm curious if there is a better way to do this.  Also, which function should this be placed in (assuming I'm making the change in my theme.php file).  Is there a function I can load to display the ban message instead?

Better yet - where is the ban function? It'd be much cleaner to simply add the group to the possible list of conditions.

Much thanks! :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 09:29:33 am by Joachim Müller »

pftq

• Contributor
Re: Creating a Ban Group
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 05:32:44 am »

Hmm, don't mean to bump.

Simplifying my request then - basically where is the file that controls the banning? I would like to add a few extra conditions (ie banning if member is also part of x group).

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 11:08:29 am »

Bans are configured in banning.php and checked in include/init.inc.php. Searching the code for TABLE_BANNED will tell you all you need to know about banning.

pftq

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 11:58:34 pm »

Excellent thank you!

For those curious, this is the code I used (copied from the original init.inc.php):

(insert into the end of init.inc.php - or anywhere really as long as it is read before headers are sent)

if(array_keys($USER_DATA['groups'], ###)||array_keys($USER_DATA['groups'], ###)) {
   pageheader($lang_error);
   msg_box($lang_info, $lang_errors['banned']);
   pagefooter();
   exit;
}

### would be the id of the user group.  You can also make plenty other conditions.  Thankfully the ban code is pretty short and not too much to copy-paste. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.