Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User Problem Uploading To Album  (Read 4180 times)

larryve

• Coppermine newbie
User Problem Uploading To Album
« on: November 28, 2007, 09:24:12 pm »

I have a single user that has a problem uploading to albums in Gallery.

Debug information follows:
=======================================================

Critical error

Script called without the required parameter(s).

File: /home/lvephoto/public_html/photo_gallery/db_input.php - Line: 58

Debug Info

<javascript:HighlightAll('debug.debugtext')> Select All
USER: ------------------ Array ( [ID] => 972b1080f75682a10470e5311d1ca9fd [am] => 1 [lang] => english [liv] => Array (
  • => 1282 [1] => 1271 [2] =>

1281 [3] => 1280 [4] => 1279 ) ) ========================== USER DATA:
------------------ Array ( [user_id] => 55 [user_name] => mblack [groups] => Array (
  • => 2 [1] => 6 [2] => 7 ) [disk_max] => 0 [disk_min] => 0 [can_rate_pictures] => 1 [can_send_ecards] => 1 [ufc_max] => 0 [ufc_min] => 0 [custom_user_upload] => 0 [num_file_upload] => 1 [num_URI_upload] => 0 [can_post_comments] => 1 [can_upload_pictures] => 1 [can_create_albums] => 1 [has_admin_access] => 0 [pub_upl_need_approval] => 0 [priv_upl_need_approval] => 0 [group_name] => Registered [upload_form_config] => 0 [group_quota] => 0 [can_see_all_albums] => 0 [group_id] => 2 ) ========================== Queries: ------------------ Array (
  • => SELECT extension, mime, content, player FROM cpg143_filetypes; (0s) [1] => select * from cpg143_plugins order by priority asc; (0s) [2] => delete from `lvephoto_newgallery`.cpg143_sessions where

time<1196217631 and remember=0; (0s) [3] => delete from `lvephoto_newgallery`.cpg143_sessions where time<1195011631; (0s) [4] => select user_id from `lvephoto_newgallery`.cpg143_sessions where session_id=md5("3ab0aabcb100d165b9710b5bd28c57ce79ea4d62c50c2e02bf6b2f5398ef
19c4"); (0s) [5] => select user_id as id, user_password as password from `lvephoto_newgallery`.cpg143_users where user_id=55 (0s) [6] => SELECT u.user_id AS id, u.user_name AS username, u.user_password AS password, u.user_group+100 AS group_id FROM `lvephoto_newgallery`.cpg143_users AS u INNER JOIN `lvephoto_newgallery`.cpg143_usergroups AS g ON u.user_group=g.group_id WHERE u.user_id='55' (0s) [7] => SELECT user_group_list FROM `lvephoto_newgallery`.cpg143_users AS u WHERE user_id='55' and user_group_list <> ''; (0s) [8] => SELECT MAX(group_quota) as disk_max, MIN(group_quota) as disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) as can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) as can_send_ecards,
MAX(upload_form_config) as ufc_max, MIN(upload_form_config) as ufc_min,
MAX(custom_user_upload) as custom_user_upload, MAX(num_file_upload) as num_file_upload, MAX(num_URI_upload) as num_URI_upload,
MAX(can_post_comments) as can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) as can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) as can_create_albums,
MAX(has_admin_access) as has_admin_access, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) as pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) as priv_upl_need_approval FROM cpg143_usergroups WHERE group_id in (2,6,7) (0s) [9] => SELECT group_name FROM cpg143_usergroups WHERE group_id= 2 (0s) [10] => update `lvephoto_newgallery`.cpg143_sessions set time='1196221231' where session_id=md5('3ab0aabcb100d165b9710b5bd28c57ce79ea4d62c50c2e02bf6b2f5398ef
19c4'); (0s) [11] => SELECT user_favpics FROM cpg143_favpics WHERE user_id =
55 (0s) [12] => DELETE FROM cpg143_banned WHERE expiry < '2007-11-27 23:40:31' (0s) [13] => SELECT * FROM cpg143_banned WHERE (ip_addr='71.202.155.196' OR ip_addr='71.202.155.196' OR user_id=55) AND brute_force=0 (0s) [14] => SELECT aid FROM cpg143_albums WHERE visibility != '0' AND visibility !='10055' AND visibility NOT IN (2,6,7) (0s) [15] => SELECT COUNT(*) FROM cpg143_pictures WHERE approved = 'NO' (0.001s) ) ========================== GET : ------------------ Array ( ) ========================== POST : ------------------ Array ( ) ========================== Page generated in 0.111 seconds - 16 queries in
0.001 seconds - Album set : ; Meta set: ;

Would apreciate any advice or suggestions.

Thank you!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 08:02:35 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: User Problem Uploading To Album
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 08:00:21 am »

Do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs.

larryve

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 08:37:57 pm »

Thank you. I have gone through the checklist exactly as you suggested, I have sent the debug and other information to a programmer that knows CPG and asked for assistance. The only thing I have been able to narrow this down to, is the following:

All users that have been active and who have uploaded files in the last 30-60 days have no problems.

Any New User I add cannot upload

I did as suggested in the steps to follow, and created a new user, if fact several of them, and they cannot upload. These were setup as registered, and assigned privileges to groups as are all other registered users.

I have also done a search on Upload problems, and,  I do not see any that are exactly like mine. I copied the ones that might apply simarily to my problem and forwarded to the person I have asked to provide support. This person is technical, but is not very familiar with Coppermine.

My best!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 09:43:00 am »

I have gone through the checklist exactly as you suggested,
Oh yes, really? Well, let me quote the docs to you:
Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!

I have sent the debug and other information to a programmer that knows CPG and asked for assistance.
Another quote from the docs:
Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!

All users that have been active and who have uploaded files in the last 30-60 days have no problems.

Any New User I add cannot upload
Review permissions on the albums folder.

larryve

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 11:38:35 pm »

Gau Gau you quoted.

I understand!

I honestly am not trying to circumvent the system! I have used Coppermine for more than a year and have never had a problem except some spamming issues which I figured our how to handle. I love this program, and I am willing to do whatever to get better at what I am doing.

The test user or the user having problems is not in the Administrator Group.they are in the Registered Group. They also have permissions to for other groups.  The group in question is called the Contest Group

They do not require permissions to upload.

I have 50 people uploading and not having problems. One user does, and so does the test user I setup!

Debug is turned on for all users and has been since I read the procedure.

File Upload boxes is set to 1

I can upload to the Group, and can upload the User file without problems.

The test user I set up as per the procedure, cannot load that User File or any other file to any group. They are setup as a registered user.

I have read all of the upload problem posts and do not find any that match the problem I am having.

I expect to hear back from my technical contact tomorrow.

Thank you for your response!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 07:26:05 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 07:28:55 am »

Why do you go through a langthy posting, trying to confirm that you read the docs if your posting shows that you haven't? Once again, the most important part that you stubbornly seem to skip reading:
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account
I still can't see a link to your gallery, nor was I able to see the test user account. Post it or figure out your issues on your own.

larryve

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 03:53:34 pm »

Gallery Link - http://www.apowonline.com/photo_gallery/index.php

Test User - Fix
Password - problem

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 04:17:57 pm »

You're running cpg1.4.3, while the most recent stable release is cpg1.4.14, so you'rte running 11 versions behind. Don't you think that we released those 11 versions for a particular reason? Again, RTFM: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upgrade_why
Upgrading is absolutely mandatory no matter what.

larryve

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 11:14:34 pm »

You are right! I have contacted my hosting company, and  I will insure everything is at the proper level before I post again. Thank you!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 07:44:05 am »

Don't make your webhost perform the upgrade for you. It's your responsibility to do that, and the only supported install/upgrade method is the one we describe in our docs.

larryve

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 07:12:58 pm »

Thank you. The problem appears to be resolved. cpg upgrade has been installed, and it also appears that there was a permissions problem that has been fixed. Everything appears to be working normally now for the last three days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.