Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Member Uploading Error!  (Read 3326 times)

crashnet

• Coppermine regular visitor
[Solved]: Member Uploading Error!
« on: March 26, 2004, 06:45:08 am »

OK.  My Categories are set up like the following:

Category:  800x600
  • Album:  Upload Here
    [/list:u]
    Subcategories under 800x600
    • One
    • Two
    • Three
    • [/list:u]

Category:  1024x768
    • Album:  Upload Here
      [/list:u]
      Subcategories under 1024x768
      • One
      • Two
      • Three
      • [/list:u]

My gallery is integrated into my Invision Board member database, for which all functioned properly until now.   When I first setup the gallery, I was only planning to allow myself, the admin, and my moderators upload photos.  When I set everything up, I only allowed moderators and admins to have permission to upload.  Both worked fine.  I decided to finally allow my members (members group) upload photos, so I turned on the ability for members to upload and turned on that I had to approve them before they were shown.  I have two albums sitting and waiting and I try to upload photos with a bogus member account I use, and I get an error saying that "there are no albums where you are allowed to open photos."  I have two there and the members have permission to upload.

Whats wrong?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 07:08:40 am »

you have to set up permissions in two places: groups (apparently you have done so) and album properties ("Visitors can upload pictures=yes"). Please post a link and test user account if this doesn't work for you.

GauGau

crashnet

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 05:13:49 pm »

Quote from: "gaugau"
you have to set up permissions in two places: groups (apparently you have done so) and album properties ("Visitors can upload pictures=yes"). Please post a link and test user account if this doesn't work for you.

GauGau

Thats why. HAHA.  :lol:  I can't find the album properties.  :lol: How do you get to them?

photoman13

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 05:15:51 pm »

Quote from: "crashnet"

GauGau

Thats why. HAHA.  :lol:  I can't find the album properties.  :lol: How do you get to them?

it's in your Config link... about 3/4th the way down.

crashnet

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 05:15:28 pm »

Quote from: "photoman13"

GauGau

Isn't that for whether or not users can have a private album though?  I don't want them to have private albums.  I just want them to be able to upload pictures in two specified albums I have setup.

crashnet

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 05:22:52 pm »

Quote from: "photoman13"

GauGau

Weird...it put my post above yours...anyway...

Isn't that for whether or not users can have a private album though?  I don't want them to have private albums.  I just want them to be able to upload pictures in two specified albums I have setup.

WAIIIITTTT...this in 1.2.1?  I just checked my version and I still have 1.2.0 RC2.  I'm too afraid to update it for fear of screwing up all of my settings.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 05:32:11 pm »

The album properties are not in config.  They are available from the category page, only when in admin mode.  There should be 3 buttons next to the album thumb, 'delete/properties/editpics'.
Click on properties, and change who can upload to the album there.

Note, it is strongly advised to update to the latest version.  You should have no trouble going from 1.2.0RC to 1.2.1.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

crashnet

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2004, 05:29:07 pm »

Quote from: "casper"
The album properties are not in config.  They are available from the category page, only when in admin mode.  There should be 3 buttons next to the album thumb, 'delete/properties/editpics'.

Note, it is strongly advised to update to the latest version.  You should have no trouble going from 1.2.0RC to 1.2.1.

Thanks casper.  I'm currently uploading the new files for 1.2.1.  I will let you know if I have any problems.

crashnet

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 05:37:31 pm »

Thank you everyone for your help!  I appreciate it.  I got everything working!  

On a side note though, how come my posts appear above the previous posts?  Kinda weird. :lol:

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 05:46:08 pm »

That's because sourceforges server clock is having problems.  This causes trouble with cookies, posts in wrong order, and sometimes it won't let you post because it thinks you did just seconds ago.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

crashnet

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2004, 05:51:40 pm »

That's because sourceforges server clock is having problems.  This causes trouble with cookies, posts in wrong order, and sometimes it won't let you post because it thinks you did just seconds ago.

Oh...thats cool.  

Thank you again for your help.  I have NEVER had anyone respond that fast to my problems. :lol:  Thank you so much!  You guys rock!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.