Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cant login  (Read 3425 times)

LuthienMoss

cant login
« on: October 26, 2007, 11:21:01 pm »

most likely a cookie issue:

If you're running Internet Explorer 6, you'll have to enable the acceptance of cookies. Click on "Tools" - "Internet Options" - "Privacy" and add your site to the list of sites that are trusted, or set the slider to a lower level.
Sometimes IE will not handle Cookies properly. Close your browser, try deleting all local cookies manually and start your browser again
Check if you're running a software that interferes with acceptance of cookies like personal firewalls (ZoneAlarm, Tiny, Cookie Washer etc.) and turn them off to see if cookies are accepted then
Try using another browser (like Opera, which is rather small to download and can be removed easily). It's a generally a good idea to have some different browsers on your local machine to check if your site is displayed correctly not only in your favourite browser
If you're using subdomains and the dev version of coppermine or some mod on a different subdomain (like gallery.yoursite.com and board.yoursite.com) this could also cause problems: a subdomain is a different domain (in fact foo.com and bar.com are subdomains of the tld ".com", so regarding cookies they are as different domains as bbs.yoursite.com and comics.yoursite.com). Of course you can "hack some sense" into the scripts, but usually bbs are hard to trick to make them more hack-proof.

I am having this problem right now, and have had it for over a month. I thought it was just a temp problem but it wont seem to go away and i cant config my gallery nor add new pics. I did evrything suggested, cleared my cookies, allowed my site, tried in both FF and IE ... doesnt seem to work. a friend is having the same problem.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 02:46:40 pm by Nibbler »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: cant login
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 08:39:23 am »

Post a link to your site

LuthienMoss

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 03:30:22 pm »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 05:03:31 am »

I can't see any problem with your cookie setting !
Did you have any security app (Antivirus/Firewall) like Norton internet security ?
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

LuthienMoss

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 10:18:44 pm »

sorry, it took me long to reply,I was away.

OK, the strangest thing is happening. I tried logging in using four different computers here at home, none worked. ThenI tried to use a computer from my school, and i was sure it'd work, but it still didn't! (and I've never tried to log in / been logged in from my school's comp)

Did you have any security app (Antivirus/Firewall) like Norton internet security ?
Huh? Can you dumb that down?

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 10:35:25 pm »

You have a file missing. You need to update your gallery anyway so it will be resolved then.

LuthienMoss

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 02:42:00 pm »

I missed that there was a new version, so I upgraded my gallery and it seems to be working fine now, thanks :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.