Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could not create a mySQL connection  (Read 5890 times)

little.muffet

• Coppermine newbie
Could not create a mySQL connection
« on: October 28, 2007, 07:42:22 pm »

I followed the upload flash tutorial, and then followed this install tutorial.

That doesn't work, and nothing else I've tried does :( It always comes up with...

Could not create a mySQL connection, please check the SQL values entered

MySQL error was : Access denied for user 'disneylo_gallery'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I'm pretty sure my host (kinohost.net) has all the requirements, they recommend coppermine gallery and everything...

[edit by Frantz] just attached the screen capture on place to the hotlinked picture [/edit]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 09:17:20 pm by Frantz »

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: Could not create a mySQL connection
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 09:16:49 pm »

check your connection datas. You have surely something wrong (and don't give all people your database pasword)
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

little.muffet

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 09:57:30 pm »

I don't know what problem I'm looking for though?  ???

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 10:34:01 pm »

Make sure you followed the instructions about creating the database, creating the mysql user, and allowing the user to connect to the database. If you still have problems ask your webhost to confirm you have done that correctly.

OshB5

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 01:18:10 pm »

Hello I Dont know if it helps but i had the same reply rom the server as you did eventualy i find out what was wrong with mine it was the MySQLHost all i did was changed it from "localhost" (which is already put in for you) to my server hosts "name" which was supplied by my ip, and it worked for me. And belive me at all stages i have read re read and re read again many times and still things come up and stick out that has not the previous umpteen times iv read the  bl**dy things. Regs Andy

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 04:17:27 pm »

I understand that you're only trying to help, but your piece of advice may or may not help others. Bottom line is: you need the mysql connection data (this includes the method how you're supposed to access it - possible options are "localhost", IP address or by name). What is correct for you entirely depends on your webserver setup. If you're not sure, you'll have to ask your webhost - we can't help you with that. There's little point in reading what others did, as those solutions may apply to them, but not to others.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.