Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zero Sized Reply when rotate picture  (Read 4014 times)

rahagi

• Coppermine newbie
Zero Sized Reply when rotate picture
« on: July 24, 2007, 11:01:20 am »

I have message like this when i was rotate my picture.
What it does mean.
thanks in advance

"ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://foto.joolo.com/foto/picEditor.php

The following error was encountered:

Zero Sized Reply
Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:57:43 GMT by deehn-s-cc1px01.de.abb.com (squid/2.5.STABLE12)"
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 06:39:33 am by TranzNDance »

Nibbler

Re: Zero Sized Reply when rotate picture
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 02:54:09 pm »

Either the file is too large to be rotated on the webserver or it took too long and your squid timed out the request.

jslegare

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 11:22:57 pm »

I encounter a very similar problem on my photo gallery (version 1.4.12). When I try rotating an image with picEditor.php and hit preview, I receive an answer in the browser unlike the post above, but the space reserved for the image is empty. A closer analysis at the rotated image in the albums/edit/ folder shows that it has size 0. My server uses ImageMagick to manipulate image data.

The command that is issued from rotateImage() in /include/imageObjectIM.class.php is the following:

/usr/bin/convert -quality 80 -antialias -rotate 90 'albums/edit/IMG_047.jpg' 'albums/edit/IMG_047.jpg'

The exec() call that runs this command fails with error value "1", leaving 'albums/edit/IMG_047.jpg' with size 0. The command does not output anything.
What is strange is that when I execute the same command from an ssh shell on the server, the command succeeds. So this does not seem to be a limitation of /usr/bin/convert. Also, rotating smaller images from Coppermine (of size below 2MB) works perfectly fine, which leads me to think this is an image size issue.

What should I change in order to be able to rotate big images from inside Coppermine ?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 11:35:21 pm »

How long does the command take to complete? How does this compare to the timeout in your php config? Are you logging in with the same user php is running as?

jslegare

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 04:48:25 am »

I timed the rotation operation:

time /usr/bin/convert -antialias -rotate 90 _MG_3248.JPG _MG_3248.JPG

real    0m10.759s
user    0m3.460s
sys     0m0.220s

So. It takes about 10 seconds in reality but only 4 secs of real processing... which is kind of long anyways.
I ran the command with the same user that runs the coppermine gallery.

As for the php configuration option you kindly suggested. That requires a bit more investigation. I'm running off dreamhost, and thus I don't have the php 5 config files readily available. I'll look for them though.

I'd appreciate if you could tell me whether that's a setting in Coppermine, Apache, or PHP, and if that setting has a catchy name like PHP_EXEC_TIME_LIMIT or something similar.

Thanks.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 02:53:16 pm »

One thing to try is to rotate a really small file to see if you're encountering a memory limit.

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 02:57:20 pm »

jslegare

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 05:49:27 am »

Found the problem to be something completely different than I had expected.
It seems like it was a file permission problem along the path to the pictures.

It was working fine with a smaller picture last time I had tried (see previous replies), but it was in a different album.
Sorry for all the fuss.

Thank you all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.