Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize "Critical Error The Selected Category Does Not Exist"  (Read 2654 times)

TeenStorm

• Coppermine novice
  • €®!¢
    • TeenStorm.com

I've been searching other posts and haven't come across something that caught my attention yet.  Search engines have organically indexed URL's to my website.  I have, however, imported a totally different database from an offline development platform to my live website such that certain tables like expired category references no longer exist, hence, when you click on a search engine's indexed link that points to an invalid category you get the "Critical Error:  The Selected Category Does Not Exist" error page.  I want to customize this and/or insert a redirect to the main index.  I see a reference from Nibbler that led me to look at include/init.inc.php but this doesn't seem like the right place; can you redirect me where to look for this error and I will see what I can do with it at my own expense?   ;D

Nibbler

Re: Customize "Critical Error The Selected Category Does Not Exist"
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 07:00:02 am »

Find the error message in the language file and then search the code for the key associated with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.