Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie needing help  (Read 4300 times)

BabeandJamie4Ever

• Coppermine regular visitor
Newbie needing help
« on: July 19, 2007, 10:37:24 pm »

Ok I have no clue what I am doing. I want to get a gallery for my sites. I have tried out the tutorial, but the icons and everything dont match my computer and so Im confused. I have downloaded MySQL Community and installed it but I cant seem to find a program in the folder just a help file and a black coding screen. I have downloaded everything listed on the front page of the Coppermine site, but nothing seems to work. Its all icons that need a specific program to run. Basically I am totally lost, and I really want to get this gallery up, how do I get everything working??

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Newbie needing help
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 01:29:44 am »

You don't need to install mysql if you have a webhost that has it. Do you have a webhost?

BabeandJamie4Ever

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 02:03:32 am »

My site is on Freewebs. :)

I also just tried configuring Apache using minitutorials.com, and got it kind of configured, but I screwed up most likely in adding my site to the program because all I get is a screen that says "It Works!" when I do the local hosts thing.  ???

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 04:56:37 am »

Unfortunately, Freewebs does not offer mysql and php: http://newaccounts.freewebs.com/page.jsp?page=faq#mysql

It does offer a photo album: http://newaccounts.freewebs.com/share.jsp

Have you tried it?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 08:02:27 am »

I have downloaded MySQL Community and installed
I also just tried configuring Apache
MySQL, Apache and Coppermine are server-driven apps. It doesn't make sense to install them on your desktop. When being webhosted, you can't configure Apache on your own - that's something your webhost takes care of - they won't let you mess with it.

As suggested, you can't have Coppermine on all setups - you need to fulfill the minimum requirements. Imo coppermine isn't meant for you, try something that matches your skill level.

BabeandJamie4Ever

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 01:51:35 am »

Ive tried the freeeweb gallery's but I dont like the way they are set up. I run a site for about 5 actors, and with Coppermaine I would be able to have one gallery, sub it for each actor and then, screencaps, print work etc. Where as with Freewebs galleries Id have to have one gallery for each, and only on category, making my site have 5 gallery pages instead of one.

Ive seen Coppermaine galleries on a lot of the fansties I visit for the same show. If Coppermaine is too advanced, where can I find a better gallery set up or free web host with a better set up?

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 02:12:09 am »

There is a list of free web hosts in the general discussion section.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.