Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Win 2003 Server Permissions issue  (Read 2633 times)

split63

• Coppermine newbie
Win 2003 Server Permissions issue
« on: July 20, 2007, 07:32:40 am »

I have a windows 2003 server and when I run the coppermine install I get several permission errors such as:
"The 'include' directory (located in the directory where you uploaded Coppermine) should be writable in order to save your configuration. Use your FTP program to change its mode to 777."
I have read through various posted issues that have reported the same issue, but it was never clear how they resolved it.
I have followed this tutorial http://coppermine-gallery.net/tutorial/permissions/iis.php, which is not an exact match for Win2003, but its basically the same.   But after going through it step by step, and then running the install again, the error persist.  I have gone beyond just setting write permissions and instead selected FULL CONTROL for the internet guest account.  Still it fails.
I saw a post about Frontpage extentions creating trouble.  I checked and FP 2002 Server extension are not installed.
I have full admin access.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Win 2003 Server Permissions issue
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 08:26:35 am »

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#permissions_iis_windows

Self-hosting is not recommended. We can't help you with server setup issues, it's beyond from what you can expect from regular coppermine support.

split63

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 04:40:09 pm »

split63

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 05:54:49 pm »

I have gone over it and over it.  The permission are set correctly.    When this php routine runs, does it always run as a Internet user and use the permissions of IUSR_MACHINENAME?   Perhaps I can make it run using the admin account some how?  Then once its installed, remove that ability.

Thanks,

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.