Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: phpBB 2.0.22 failed bridging with 1.4.12  (Read 4590 times)

Scias

• Coppermine regular visitor
phpBB 2.0.22 failed bridging with 1.4.12
« on: July 15, 2007, 04:04:19 am »

hiya all, i just realized this feature was available (durr lol), i decided to go try it, unfortunatly, when i do it, the gallery will work fine and all, then when u click on the forums, it shows a distorted dead version of the forums, and 1 time, i got it to work, it would show a error upon login, and block you out totally, including via the gallery.

now im curious am i going to have to completly remove the phpbb, and fresh install it untouched, then bridge it? or what...? i tryed few times and yes, my "values" put in are correct to a dot :)

ty again.

Scias

Re: phpBB 2.0.22 failed bridging with 1.4.12
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 04:08:13 am »

small note, i did not follow "protocol" as i cannot give out the url's directly here, as both are under construction, and not open to public, and their are a handful of users out to find these pages, and COULD trace them to here, and find them hehe :P so i have to be over-paranoid.

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 04:20:42 am »

Bridging does not affect your forum - if it does then you did it wrong. You can disable the bridge by going back to bridgemgr.php and entering your original Coppermine admin details.

Scias

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 04:22:49 am »

yes sir, i understand the failsafe (thank god you guys added it hehe), so it's not the forum affecting it... maybe the custom theme on the forums could be?

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 04:30:50 am »

Not possible. Coppermine loads the config.php from the forum and then accesses its database. That's all the interaction there is, themes are not involved.

Scias

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 04:42:01 am »

hm. im stumped badly now :P maybe it's my config of it after all... maybe the cookies? let me go set it up again, and compare what i get here.

Scias

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 05:02:57 am »

/phpBB2/index.php/login.php?redirect=../../cpg1412/ is what u get via login from the gallery, then it takes you to a red-link-pic, no themed forum.... haha, i think im doing some wrong here? :P

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 05:09:05 am »

Yeah, you should not have index.php at the end of your 'Forum URL' in the bridge manager.

Full URL of your BBS app (including the leading http:// bit, e.g. http://www.yourdomain.tld/forum)

Scias

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 05:15:01 am »

sigh... now when i try to remove the failed bridging, it says "login" so i use my user/pass, and it says it's wrong! *beep* >_<

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 12:08:17 pm »

small note, i did not follow "protocol" as i cannot give out the url's directly here, as both are under construction, and not open to public, and their are a handful of users out to find these pages, and COULD trace them to here, and find them hehe :P so i have to be over-paranoid.
I can see no reason for paranoia. Security by obscurity is nonsense. Do as suggested in the sticky thread on this board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.