Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Custom Thumbnail For Video  (Read 3441 times)

fatattack

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Custom Thumbnail For Video
« on: November 01, 2006, 11:53:02 pm »

hi,
I'm trying to do the same but either I am doing something way wrong ( my guess ;) ) or something strange is going on.
Basically, I have an album containing 10 mov files. They upload and play nice but without thumb.
So according to the manual, I upload them with a corresponding file thumb_movname.jpg ( where my mov file is of course movname.mov ).
When I do this and batch upload the files into the album only my mov files are shown ( this is probably normal - with the default apple logo - this shouldn't be so normal I guess ) but after the upload finishes, I still don't have any thumbnails for the mov files.

I have also tried uploading the thumb as images ( so without the thumb_ in the name ) but this just makes them get treated as regular pictures, creating thumbs for them and listing the thumbs as pictures in the album, while still not showing any thumbs for the movies )

What am I doing wrong ?

any help is greatly appreciated here. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 07:01:44 pm by GauGau »

Nibbler

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 02:27:48 am »

Post a link.

Don't post on threads already marked as 'solved', they don't get much attention.

SnitchSeeker

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 11:41:59 pm »

I am having this problem too. It's very annoying!

My members or admins upload movie files and I want to be able to later on add thumbnails. They are not able to do the thumbs themselves, so it is essential that thumbnails can be added later.

Here is an example page: http://www.snitchseeker.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=222

Please, does anybody know how I can change the thumbnails for those files?

I have followed the documentation, but it doesn't work for me and I don't want to have to delete the files and re-upload them to get it to work. :(

SnitchSeeker

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 06:52:29 pm »

Nibbler, you're a TOTAL HERO!!

It worked, thanks so much! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 07:02:57 pm »

Exactly as explained in the documentation, don't you agree ;)? Anyway, marking as "solved" and locking to avoid future hijacking attempts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.