Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wordpress  (Read 4599 times)

SupaDawg

• Coppermine newbie
Wordpress
« on: July 04, 2007, 08:05:45 am »

I can't for the life of me figure out how to bridge/merge a user database between CPG and Wordpress.

I do recall upon installation being mentioned that they could share a database (although i may be incorrect as it has been a while)

Is there a way post-install to have these two applications use the same use information? I've searched the forums and while there is plenty of support for bridging the likes of phpbb and such, i have found little regarding wordpress.

Unfortunately a re-install is not a viable option as both our Wordpress and cpg installs have a lot of content.

Coppermine:
http://photos.dallasstarsforever.com/

Wordpress:
http://blog.dallasstarsforever.com/

Please disregard the state of the skins... They are getting torn up to match the main page layout this week and are very much only placeholders right now.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Wordpress
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 08:16:38 am »

There's no bridge-file available for wordpress afaik.

SupaDawg

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 08:19:50 am »

There's no bridge-file available for wordpress afaik.

I assumed as much. I dug through the svn tree and found nothing.

Is there perhaps a guide someplace that would be a good place to start?

I also have an installation of phpbb on the site. Do you know if having all three share a database with phpbb would be a possible answer?

I'm just kicking at ideas at this point. I can understand from my users end the frustration involved with registering 4 times on the same website.

poubao

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Collections du Laos
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 05:25:12 pm »

You can find a plugin for wordpress and coppermine at : WordPress Plugin
There is a bridge fonctionnality in this plugin (i don't test it, but it seem that is OK)
Download the latest version on the french board: Latest version(some correction )
No support for this plugin by Stilglog the author (the web site is down!)
  :-\
L'incohérence de ceux qui nous dirigent, l'incompétence de ceux qui nous commandent,sont un vibrant hommage pour ceux qui exécutent.
                                          **Général Patton**

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 07:04:01 pm »

Ah OK - thanks for the reminder, Poubao. The "official", international thread: WordPress Integration Plugin 3.0. Please understand that the plugin discussed there has been created for an outdated, unsupported version of coppermine (cpg1.3.x). Please note as well that it is technically speaking not a coppermine plugin, but a wordpress plugin. It is not a bridge file (bridge files are the recommended method to come up with integration between coppermine and third-party apps in terms of user management and authentification). Subsequently, you have to understand that there is very limited support for this third-party hack (or rather: no support at all).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.