Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with categories and galleries  (Read 2580 times)

nicuz

• Coppermine newbie
Need help with categories and galleries
« on: June 14, 2007, 03:23:25 am »

Hi CPG team. I just downloaded your gallery because it seemed perfect for my project. I also read your Documentation (I might have missed a few things) but I would like to ask you what's the best way to organize my pictures.

I have a website with cars and I would like to have the following categories: Honda, Toyota, Nissan and Mazda. I do not need any sub-categories for now. Whenever someone click on the Honda category, the user will see all the picture in the Honda gallery. To accomplish this can I use the default category and just add a gallery for each car? Or do I have to create a category for each car, and then also a gallery?

My other question is regarding users. I would like to allow registered users to upload a picture with their car. I just signed up for a user account on my website and I realized that I cannot upload a picture unless I create an album. I do not want the users to create an album, I just want them to be able to upload a picture in the galleries created by me. How can I accomplish this?

I know you are busy and I appreciate taking time to answer my questions.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 06:46:40 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Need help with categories and galleries
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 09:09:50 am »

I have a website with cars and I would like to have the following categories: Honda, Toyota, Nissan and Mazda. I do not need any sub-categories for now. Whenever someone click on the Honda category, the user will see all the picture in the Honda gallery.
Then don't create categories at all (as categories can't contain pics - only albums can contain pics). Create four albums within the root category ("no category") and name them Honda, Toyota, Nissan and Mazda.

My other question is regarding users. I would like to allow registered users to upload a picture with their car. I just signed up for a user account on my website and I realized that I cannot upload a picture unless I create an album. I do not want the users to create an album, I just want them to be able to upload a picture in the galleries created by me. How can I accomplish this?
On the groups panel, turn "can have personal gallery" off for registered users, turn on instead "public album upload". Then go to the properties of the albums you created above and set "visitors can upload" to yes for the albums that your users are suppossed to be able to upload to.

We have a strict "one question per thread" policy. Please respect it in the future.

nicuz

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Need help with categories and galleries
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 06:37:08 pm »

Thank you so much. Got everything working now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.