Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cant upload Pics as user  (Read 3105 times)

andyleery

• Coppermine regular visitor
Cant upload Pics as user
« on: June 11, 2007, 12:33:45 pm »

Hi, im getting crazy ^^ I cant upload Pictures as a user, only if I make private Albums. I created some categories and in them I have to create the public albums, right? But only as a admin I can upload my images in this albums. The rights are given correctly (grouperight, registered users can upload in public albums).

Am I understandig something wrong or is there a failure somewhere?
The Url is http://www.bollybilder.de, please register and see yourselve.
Would be great to become help, want to start soon  ;D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 02:24:56 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Cant upload Pics as user
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 01:33:21 pm »

I created some categories and in them I have to create the public albums, right?
Pic uploads go into albums, not into categories. Permissions go by album as well. Yes, you need to create public albums. But that's not all you need to do. Read on...

But only as a admin I can upload my images in this albums. The rights are given correctly (grouperight, registered users can upload in public albums).
RTFM: Album properties, set "visitors can upload files" = "yes".

The Url is http://www.bollybilder.de, please register and see yourselve.
We definitely won't go through registration just to be able to help you. If you want support, provide a non-admin test user account as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs (again: RTFM).

Would be great to become help, want to start soon  ;D
I hope you don't become help, but get help ;D. There's a German support board available as well if you feel more comfortable posting your questions in your mother's tongue. ;)

andyleery

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 01:59:43 pm »

Sorry for my mistake ^^
I already found this option where you have to "allow" uploads in albums, but I will have 100 of albums, so now I already enabled this option manually in 80 albums lol!!! Why is this option not preselected? Can you tell me how I can do that? I was already in the code, but I'm only a designer and dont know so much about script structure...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 02:23:02 pm »

Why is this option not preselected?
The question "why" doesn't apply, except if you want to hear answers like "because it has been designed that way".

I already found this option where you have to "allow" uploads in albums
Then why didn't you say so? It would have kept me from wasting my time, explaining something that has been explained already many times for yet another time.

We have a strict "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up. Original question was solved. Marking thread accordingly.

Can you tell me how I can do that?
I'm pretty sure that there are some postings that explain how to enable this for all albums by running a query in phpMyAdmin. There are postings as well that explain how to turn this option to "yes" by default.
I was already in the code, but I'm only a designer and dont know so much about script structure...
You don't have to dig through the code, just search the board for the postings that explain how this can be accomplished. I'd have to do the very same thing: I'd have to search the board as well, as I don't remember the thread out of the back of my head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.